Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code CT-ESLICA in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||ESL Instructional Classroom Aide - Custom Training|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$22.05 per hour
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The ESL Instructional Classroom Aide is responsible for assisting the ESL workplace instructor with classroom, conversational English for multi-level English Language learners at assigned off-campus employer sites. Serves as the department’s instructional support for employer custom training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists instructor and students in achieving the objectives of the ESL workplace training program.
- Assists with instruction and classroom management.
- Assists with teaching provided curriculum in classroom
- Promotes and nourishes a positive learning environment.
- Assists the ESL instructor in large group, small group, or individual instruction.
- Communicates with students using conversational English.
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, employers, agencies, and class site location staff.
- Other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Bilingual Spanish/English
- Previous teaching experience in a college and or Adult Education/Career Training Program
- Experience working with adult students is preferred
- Experience with tutoring English Language Learners is preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Teaching Certificate (preferred)
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to interface with a variety of students and potential students.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus.
Position requires local travel; employee must have access to ready transportation.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.