The ability to lead successful projects is fast becoming the standard to compete in today’s highly complex and technical workplaces. This course is for skilled professionals with some experience in project management and working in teams. This course explores the standards and practices in agile, hybrid, and traditional project environments. It brings the knowledge of PMI’s global community of practice to you, with coverage of the full suite of topics in the Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification. This course delivers the knowledge and skills that you need to demonstrate project management proficiency in professional settings. It can be a significant part of your preparation for the Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification Exam. The skills and knowledge you gain in this course will help your team or organization avoid making costly mistakes and increase your competitive edge in the project management profession.
PMP Exam Prep Course Overview
- Introduction - Class overview and Introduction to Project Management
- Module 1: Business Environment Project Management concepts and approaches
- Module 2: Start the Project - Critical concepts for kicking off a project of any kind
- Module 3: Plan the Project - Develop all aspects of the project, such as the scope, budget, and schedule
- Module 4: Lead the Project Team - Build and coach a strong project team, even through conflict
- Module 5: Support Project Team Performance - Ensure your team is doing its best and stays on track
- Module 6: Closing the Project/PhaseReview close-out procedures and transition/terminate the project
Course Session Dates
- Tuesday, October 10, 2023
- Tuesday, October 17, 2023
- Tuesday, October 24, 2023
- Tuesday, October 31, 2023
- Tuesday, November 7, 2023
- Tuesday, November 14, 2023
- Tuesday, November 21, 2023
All sessions are from 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM in the Schmidt Training and Technology Center. Sign up!
Highly functioning Customer Service teams are viewed by their customers as partners, not simply suppliers.
Highly functioning Customer Service teams are viewed by their customers as partners, not simply suppliers. The ability to effectively represent your company to the customer and the customer to your company is a competitive differentiator that requires skilled and aligned customer service team members.
- Managing dual roles: Representing the customer to your company, and Representing your company to the customer
- Determining Customer Wants vs. Needs
- Balancing a Customer vs. Product Focus
- Interacting with Different Customer Personality Types
- Knowing Your Customer’s Business
- Communicating Effectively: Communication Types, Communication Model, and Listening Skills and Blocks
- Handling Non-Standard and Out of Scope Requests
- Dealing with Difficult Customer Situations
- Managing Time and Tasks in a Customer Service Environment
- Analyzing a Customer SWOT
Workshop Series Dates
- Thursday, October 12, 2023
- Thursday, November 9, 2023
All sessions are from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM in the Schmidt Training and Technology Center. Lunch will be provided. Sign up!
Effective communication and efficient time and task management are two critical disciplines required for a
Effective communication and efficient time and task management are two critical disciplines required for a successful business environment. This workshop provides business personnel with the skills and tools to deliver clear and concise written and verbal communication and enable them to identify and adjust messaging to the behavior style of their audience. Additionally, attendees are provided with tools and methods to prioritize tasks and increase productivity.
- Thursday, October 12, 2023
This sessions is from 8:00 AM - 3:00 PM in the Schmidt Training and Technology Center. Sign up!
This workshop follows a process that develops an effective style of leadership that positively influences a
This workshop follows a process that develops an effective style of leadership that positively influences and changes those you work and interact with, yourself, and your entire organization. The workshop starts with the Energy Leadership Index (ELI) assessment that will allow you to understand the concepts of energy, and how they are relate to a Transformative Leadership Development System Based on Seven Levels of Leadership and eight Building Blocks that enable powerful changes in you. In addition to the Energy Leadership Index, you will take a DISC assessment to understand both your personality style and how to better manage those of differing personality styles.
The workshop runs for five consecutive Wednesdays, starting on October 18, 2023 from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM in the Schmidt Training and Technology Center. Lunch will be provided. Sign up!
Being a subject matter expert does not necessarily imply the capability to train others.
Being a subject matter expert does not necessarily imply the capability to train others. The ability to effectively “train others to train” is a force multiplier for any business and requires the knowledge and skills to both develop and deliver effective and meaningful instruction. This workshop provides subject matter experts with the tools, skills and best practices to develop other trainers in an adult learning environment and expand their organization’s training capacity.
- Tuesday, December 12, 2023
This sessions is from 8:30 AM - 3:30 PM in the Schmidt Training and Technology Center. Sign up!