The primary goal of the Reading Area Community College Honors Program is to enrich the educational experience of motivated, intellectually curious students.
The Honors Program achieves this goal through specialized courses and other learning opportunities which often involve exploratory learning, collaborative activities, interdisciplinary themes, and research projects.
The Honors Program also seeks to enhance opportunities for students to transfer to four-year colleges and universities and to provide special recognition to students with high academic achievement.
Taking Honors courses at RACC offers many benefits:
- Academic challenge
- Personal enrichment
- Small classes with other academically motivated students
- More individual attention from instructors and faculty mentors
- A competitive edge when applying for jobs or transferring to four-year colleges and universities
- Honors designations on transcripts
- Special commendation as an Honors Graduate
- Increased opportunities for scholarships
- Honors Program Scholarships
- Free admission to up to two events at the Miller Center per semester with student ID
Graduates of the RACC Honors Program have gone on to many excellent four year colleges including:
For more information: Contact Dr. Pamela A.R. Blakely, Honors Program Coordinator
610-372-4721 (ext. 5452)