The information below is provided for students who use wheelchairs or have mobility issues that require assistance to leave a building in case of an emergency. If this applies to you, please schedule an appointment with a Disability Services staff person to review emergency evacuation procedures and locations of emergency assistance buttons as soon as you schedule classes.
DO NOT USE THE ELEVATORS IN THE EVENT OF AN EMERGENCY. At the time of evacuation, you are to proceed to the nearest designated area and press the emergency assistance button on the wall. This area is different for each building on campus.
The designated areas are as follows:
- South stairwell near windows (front of building facing 2nd Street)
- Center stairwell (located in middle of each floor)
- Main stairwell (next to elevators)
Schmidt Training and Technology Center
- On second floor, next to elevator
- East Stairwell
Student Union Building
- Main and rear exits
- Main stairwell
- Stairwell located in rear corners facing Schuylkill River
Emergency personnel will provide evacuation of those individuals who have proceeded to the rescue assistance areas.