Students who satisfactorily complete AP, CLEP, or DANTES exams may request articulated credits by following these steps:
- Apply to the college.
- Provide official transcripts of your exam scores to RACC. Transcripts may be mailed, hand delivered, or sent via a recognized electronic transcript system. Mailed and hand delivered transcripts must be in a sealed envelope with an undisturbed signature over the seal. Electronic transcripts should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact the Welcome Center 610-607-6224 to make an appointment with an enrollment services specialist.
- Review your program evaluation in WebAdvisor for complete information about how your credits have been articulated and how these credits apply to your program at RACC. You will receive notice in the mail once your credits have been evaluated.
RACC will generally award students articulated credit for AP exams passed with a 3 or higher. For AP exams not listed on this chart, elective credits will be awarded.
Take CLEP/DANTES exams on RACC's campus
- Register and pay for your exam(s) at College Board. College Board will prompt you to print out your voucher as proof of payment. Along with paying College Board directly for your CLEP voucher for your exam, you will also need to pay a sitting fee, $15 per exam, to RACC (see Step 3).
- Call the RACC Welcome Center, 610-607-6224, to make an appointment to take your CLEP exam(s). RACC CLEP Test Center Hours are Mondays 9:30 AM – 1:30 PM and Wednesdays, 3:30 PM – 7:30 PM. Please call ahead to verify hours as they are subject to change.
- Print and complete the Articulation Payment Form. Take the completed Articulation Payment Form to the Cashier's Office located on the first floor of Berks Hall, Room 107, to pay for the sitting fee for your CLEP exam(s).
- On the date of your scheduled CLEP testing session, bring the ARTICULATION PAYMENT FORM with the Cashier's stamp, your CLEP voucher, and government issued ID to the RACC CLEP Test Center located on the second floor of Berks Hall, Room 201, and give these documents to the proctor as proof of payment and identity.
- After completion of the exam(s), ask the proctor to print out your score.
Please review CLEP test scores that could earn you credit for courses at RACC. Our faculty and staff would enjoy having you attend RACC. The RACC application is free and your successful CLEP credits puts you on the pathway to a degree. Complete an application and submit your CLEP transcript to email@example.com.
A score of 3 or higher on the AP exam shall be awarded credit. See list below.
|College Board AP Exams||Current RACC Course|
|AP 2-D Art Design||ART 113|
|AP 3-D Art Design||ART 230|
|AP Art History||ART 250|
|AP Biology||BIO 150 & BIO 155|
|AP Calculus -AB||MAT 220|
|AP Calculus -BC||MAT 221|
|AP Capstone Diploma Program||Review of Syllabus Required|
|AP Chemistry||CHE 150 & CHE 155|
|AP Chinese Language & Culture||LAN 29X|
|AP Comparative Government & Politics||POS 130|
|AP Computer Science A||PRG 100|
|AP Computer Science Principles||PRG 29X|
|AP Drawing||ART 111|
|AP English Language & Composition||COM 121|
|AP English Literature & Composition||ENG 125|
|AP Environmental Science||ENV 130|
|AP European History||HIS 125|
|AP French Language & Culture||LAN 29X|
|AP German Language & Culture||GER 29X|
|AP Human Geography||GEO 29X|
|AP Italian Language & Culture||LAN 29X|
|AP Japanese Language & Culture||LAN 29X|
|AP Latin||LAN 29X|
|AP Macroeconomics||BUS 200|
|AP Microeconomics||BUS 201|
|AP Music Theory||MUS 29X|
|AP Physics 1: Algebra-Based||PHY 240|
|AP Physics 2: Algebra-Based||PHY 245|
|AP Physics C: Electricity & Magnetism||PHY 255|
|AP Physics C: Mechanics||PHY 250|
|AP Psychology||PSY 130|
|AP Research||Review of Syllabus Required|
|AP Seminar||Review of Syllabus Required|
|AP Spanish Language & Culture||SPA 101 & SPA 102|
|AP Spanish Literature & Culture||SPA 201 & SPA 202|
|AP Statistics||MAT 210|
|AP United States Govrnmnt & Politics||POS 130|
|AP United States History||HIS 110 & HIS 115|
|AP World History: Modern||HIS 29X|
RACC will generally award students articulated credit for CLEP exams when the current standard passing score has been achieved unless otherwise noted.
A score of 50 or higher on the CLEP exam shall be awarded credit. See list below.
|CLEP General Exams||RACC Equivalent Course|
|Humanities||HUM 293 Humanities Elective|
|College Mathematics||MAT 030 Algebra I|
|Social Science/History||SOC 293 and HIS 293 Electives|
|Natural Sciences||BIO 294 and ENV 293 Electives|
|CLEP Subject Exams||RACC Equivalent Course|
|College Composition||COM 121 Composition I|
|American Government||POS 130 American Government|
|History of the U.S. I - to 1877||HIS 110 History of U.S. I|
|History of U.S. II - 1865 to Present||HIS 115 History of U.S. II|
|Introduction to Education Psychology||PSY 240 Educational Psychology|
|Introductory Psychology||PSY 130 General Psychology|
|Human Growth and Development||PSY 208 Development Across the Life Span|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||BUS 200 Macroeconomics|
|Principles of Microeconomics||BUS 201 Microeconomics|
|Western Civilization I - Ancient to 1648||HIS 120 Western Civilization/1600|
|Western Civilization II - 1684 to Present||HIS 125 Western Civilization/1945|
|College French: Level I and II||LAN 293/294 Foreign Language Elective|
|College Spanish: Level I and II||SPA 101/102 (up to score of 63)|
|College Spanish: Level III and IV||SPA 201/202 (score of 63-75)|
|College German: Level I and II||GER 101/102 German I, II|
|American Literature||ENG 241 and 245 American Literature I, II|
|Analyzing and Interpreting Literature||ENG 293 English Elective|
|Calculus||MAT 220 Calculus I|
|College Algebra||MAT 160 College Algebra|
|College Algebra-Trigonometry||MAT 180 Pre-Calculus|
|Biology||BIO 294 Biology Elective (No Lab Credit)|
|Chemistry||CHE 293 Chemistry Elective (No Lab Credit)|
|Principles of Management||MGT 100 Principles of Management|
|Introductory Business Law||BUS 230 Business Law|
|Principles of Marketing||BUS 220 Principles of Marketing|
|Information Systems and Computer Application||IFT 110 Microcomputers Application|
|English Literature||ENG 293 English Elective|
|Introductory Sociology||SOC 130 Sociology|
|DANTES/DSST||RACC Equivalent Course|
|Environment and Humanity||ENV 130|
|The Civil War and Reconstruction||HIS 219|
|Principles of Statistics||MAT 210|
|Fundamentals of College Algebra||MAT 110|
|Principles of Finance||ACC 210|
|Human Resource Management||MGT 200|
|Principles of Supervision||MGT 210|
|Introduction to Business||BUS 100|
|Personal Finance||ACC 100|
|Business Math||BUS 110|
|Criminal Justice||LAW 135|