Thanks to generous donations from college employees, alumni, members of the community, businesses and corporations, Reading Area Community College is able to offer scholarships to recognize academic achievement.
When investigating scholarships, be sure to note the deadline dates and requirements. Only apply to scholarships which you have all the eligibility requirements. Check spelling and grammar on the entire application and include an essay if required. Use specific examples when answering questions and be neat in all writing and documentation. All scholarship applicants should have a current completed FAFSA and meet federal eligibility requirements. If you win a scholarship, be sure to thank your provider.
Remember: Scholarships do not have to be repaid.
All Foundation for Reading Area Community College Scholarships are awarded according to financial aid and donor criteria. Foundation Scholarships are credited to the students' financial aid account and are disbursed according to financial aid timelines and policies. For a complete listing of RACC Scholarships and criteria, contact the Foundation for Reading Area Community College. Award amounts are determined on an annual basis by donor contributions, the Foundation Board of Directors and the financial need of the student.
Presidential Scholarships - Full Tuition Scholarships for Four Semesters
Deadline: April 12, 2019
- Eligible recipients must be current seniors in high school who will graduate in 2019 and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Reading Area Community College(RACC) will award up to one scholarship per high school, including all 18 Berks County public high schools, I-Lead Charter School, and Berks Catholic High School. One scholarship will also be awarded to one homeschool, cyberschool, or other Berks County student who will complete high school in the spring of 2019. Additionally, two scholarships will be awarded to students participating in a JROTC Program at a Berks County high school.
- Application - PDF
- 2019-2020 Foundation Scholarship Application-Deadline: May 31, 2019
- Eligible students must be enrolled for the fall semester for 12 or more credits or be part of the Nursing clinical experience.
- Application - PDF
Honors Program Scholarship
Deadline: Noon, February 20, 2019
Eligible students must have completed at least six honors credits, maintain a 3.25 GPA (excluding developmental courses) and have a B or higher in all honors courses.
- Paper application and paper recommendation - PDF
- Electronic application and electronic recommendation - PDF
Career Programs at RACC
Scholarships available for the following Short Term Career Programs at RACC:
- Nurse Aide training: cost $1,390.00
Scholarships up to $790.00
- Phlebotomy training: approximate cost $6,500.00
Scholarships up to $4,000.00
Students must pay the remaining balance and meet the federal guidelines for financial aid eligibility.
For more information on these programs, call 610-372-4721 ext. 5707.
Townsend Press Reading Contest
In this contest, students earn cash scholarships from Townsend Press by reading books. For every 10 books you read, you will be awarded $100.00.
- More Information - PDF