English for Academic Purposes Courses
Below is a list of (EAP) English for Academic Purposes Courses that RACC offers to multilingual students.
Please notice that EAP reading and writing courses are equal alternatives to developmental COM reading and writing courses. This helps EAP students earn the same credit in a learning setting sensitive to their bilingual needs.
- EAP 018 - Intensive Academic English – 6 credit hours
- EAP 015 - Listening & Speaking I (Level 1) – 3 credit hours
- EAP 035 - Listening & Speaking II (Level 2) - 3 credit hours
- EAP 020 - Reading I (Level 1) - 3 credit hours
- EAP 060 - Reading II (Level 2) - 3 credit hours
- EAP 040 - Writing I (Level 2) - 4 credit hours
- EAP 050 - Writing II (Level 3) - 4 credit hours
Students may also have the opportunity to accelerate by taking co-requisite courses EAP 051 - Writing II (3 credits) and COM 121 - English Composition I (3 credits). Students interested in this opportunity must get permission to register from the EAP Program Coordinator, Eleisha Moreno.