What's Your Goal?
Do you want a challenging career as a professional nurse where you can make a difference in the lives of others? Would you like the opportunity to provide direct healthcare and information in a variety of settings? Are you looking for employment opportunities in either general or specialty areas? How about career advancement opportunities where you can grow and continue to learn? Successful completion of our Nursing program will get you on your way.
We Help You Get There With..
- Highly qualified classroom and clinical faculty
- Clinical experience at multiple healthcare agencies
- High academic standards
- Engaging classroom experiences
- NUR courses are offered between the hours of 7AM - 5PM
- Small supervised group experiences
- Nursing clinicals are offered between the hours of 6:45AM - 10:30PM and are determined by agency availability
The Associate Degree Nursing Program prepares students for entry level nursing practice in any setting, and to take the N-CLEX-RN examination. Courses in Nursing are enhanced with simulation and instructor guided clinical experiences in a variety of medical-surgical, and specialty practice settings. As an ACEN accredited nursing program, RACC graduates who are granted Pennsylvania RN Licensure are eligible for entry into all RN-BSN programs. Academic progression is encouraged and supported by RACC articulation agreements.
What You Will Learn
- Nursing process applied throughout the health illness continuum
- Chronic, acute and critical care concepts across the lifespan
- Multiple clinical nursing skills
- Professionalism, leadership and communication
Nursing continues to be the largest profession in healthcare, offering various settings in which to practice along with specialty areas to choose from. Research, administration, practice and education are focus areas for ongoing career advancement. View the Occupational Handbook for Registered Nurses.
Articulation agreements with multiple colleges and universities allow for easy transfer of courses toward a bachelor's degree in Nursing.
Nursing students have assigned clinical experience throughout Reading and surrounding areas:
- Berks Heim Nursing and Rehabilitation
- WellSpan Ephrata Community Hospital
- Genesis Healthcare Mifflin Center
- Phoebe Berks Healthcare Center
- PennState Health St. Joseph
- Tower Health: Reading Hospital and Pottstown Hospital
- Wernersville State Hospital
- Be a graduate of an approved secondary school or hold a high school equivalency diploma (GED).
- Complete and submit the RACC application for admission.
- Follow the Selective Admission Process as noted in the current Student Catalog for the Nursing Program.
- Prerequisite coursework must be completed before application to clinical program.
- Nursing Petition Instructions
- TEAS Information Booklet
- Nursing Program Map (Check Sheet)
Want To Learn More?
- View the Associate Nursing Degree curriculum in the catalog.
- Contact an enrollment specialist at email@example.com, 610.607.6224 or 800.626.1665.
- Stop by the Welcome Center in the Berks Hall lobby.
- View the estimated program costs for this program.
- Get financial aid help at firstname.lastname@example.org or 610.607.6225.
- Fully approved by the PA State Board of Nursing, located at P.O. Box 2649, Harrisburg, PA 17105-2649. Phone: 717.783.7142.
- Continuing accreditation by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, located at 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 (404) 975-5000. http://www.acenursing.org.
|NCLEX-RN Pass Rate|
|Program Completion Rate|