Early Admission is for high school students who are academically ready for college and want to take college courses on campus or online. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to your first semester!
Please note: if you are already a Dual Enrollment student, you might not have to complete all of these steps. Contact your Enrollment Services Coordinator to learn more.
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college. Complete the Online Application and be sure to select “Early Admissions” under admit type. For assistance with completing the application, call the Welcome Center by calling 610-607-6224.
- Complete the Early Admission Supplemental Application Form. Remember that this form requires a signature from your guidance counselor (or other school official), so you might need to allow some extra time to fully complete this. While meeting with your counselor, you will also want to ask for a copy of your high school transcript, which you will need to submit with your application.
Send the Supplemental Application form to:
Admissions and Enrollment Services
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
- Submit your most current transcripts. Send your high school transcripts and/or home school evaluations to the address above. If you've taken ACT, SAT, or AP exams, we encourage you to have your scores sent to RACC too.
- Meet with an Enrollment Services Coordinator. Your assigned Enrollment Services Coordinator will contact you once after you submit your online application to set up a meeting to review your academic history. You must meet placement test requirements in order to enroll as an Early Admissions student. Depending on your academic history, the placement test might be waived for Early Admission to the college.
- Prepare for and take the placement test. If your Enrollment Services Coordinator determines that you must take the placement test, then your next steps are to prepare for and take the test. Walk-in testing is available, or you can schedule an appointment by calling 610-607-6224. If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 for an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test. Click here to view a practice test and tips on how to do your best on the test.
- Review your placement test results. Schedule a follow-up appointment with your Enrollment Services Coordinator to review your placement test results and discuss registering for classes.
- Register for class. Early Admission students are permitted to enroll in two (2) courses each semester, must register for 100 or 200 level courses, and must meet the prerequisites for the courses they intend to take. If you were accepted as an Early Admission student based on your standardized test scores, you may still be required to take the placement test to earn prerequisites for your requested courses. Early Admission students must demonstrate college readiness in either Reading, Writing or Math in order to begin coursework at RACC.
- Pay your tuition and fees. Be sure to review the tuition due dates.
- Prepare for class. Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Weitz Hall. If you are taking online classes, click here to learn more about the technical requirements and tips for success in an online learning environment. You will also want to be sure to purchase your books before your classes start at the Campus Bookstore.