The mission of the Care Team is to support a safe and productive learning environment by addressing student behavioral concerns before becoming a crisis. The team provides consultations and interventions in matters of student care/concern and student conduct. When necessary, the team refers students to community and campus resources. For Code of Conduct violations, the team follows the student Code of Conduct due process and issues sanctions.
While interacting with students across the college, faculty and staff may be confronted with situations in which a student is displaying concerning behavior. The Care Team model is designed to assist them.
Behaviors of concern might be observed in a number of settings: in the classroom, in college offices, public areas on campus, or during an extracurricular activity. By reporting such behaviors, the Care Team will be able to reach out to students to help or address the behavior accordingly.
The Care Team meets regularly to serve five major functions for the campus
- Act in a proactive manner to assist students
- Maintain confidentiality and handle all matters discreetly
- Provide consultation and support to faculty and staff
- Connect students with needed resources
- Recommend interventions or disciplinary sanctions
The Care Team process does not replace faculty classroom management, disciplinary processes, and/or campus security responses to incidents.
The Care Team is a cross-functional team of members from various areas of the campus community.
- Dean of Student Affairs
- Director of Accessibility Services and Care Team
- Vice President of Enrollment Management
- Dean of Instruction
- Director of Literacy Programs
- Health Care Coordinator
- Title IX Coordinator
- Senior Vice-President for Finance and Administrative Services/College Treasurer