Reading Area Community College (RACC) is an accredited, comprehensive, open-enrollment education institution that provides the following: Associate degree, Certificate and Diploma Programs; career-focused training; transitional coursework; skills training for business and industry; personal enrichment programs and public service activities. Sponsored by the Berks County Commissioners the College provides affordable access to meet identified community educational needs.
Students from every age, race, religion and many different countries throughout the world choose to study here. Those who are seeking degrees at the college are attracted to programs like nursing, respiratory care, criminal justice and business. Other people pursue individual courses to brush up on a skill or interest, or pursue certification in a variety of subjects. The Community Education/Workforce Development division offers programs like dental assisting, home health aide, veterinary assisting, ESL classes and GED preparation.
The College plays an important part in the business community as well. The new Schmidt Training and Technology Center provides training in senior leadership, manufacturing technology, information technology, workplace readiness and workplace literacy. RACC also partners with other community organizations to enhance the economic vitality of the city and county.
View our course offerings
View all courses available or by semesters below.
Dates and information for upcoming terms
Fall sessions lasting for 8, 12 and 15 weeks
- Fall (15 week in person and online) August 24 - December 7
- Bi-Term 1 (8 week accelerated) August 24 - October 17
- Fall 2 (12 week in person and online) September 16 - December 7
- Bi-Term 2 (8 week accelerated online and at Sinking Spring) October 21 - December 16
You can learn more about all of our programs and courses in our online catalog.
Community Education: Non-Credit Courses
- Learn more about Community Education classes
- Search/Register Non-Credit Courses
- 2019 Fall Course Offerings - PDF
Important Academic Dates
View the academic calendar here or choose from the list below.
- 2019 - 2020 Academic Calendar - PDF
- 2020 - 2022 Academic Calendar - PDF
- Sinking Spring Additional Location