Reading Area Community College (RACC) is an accredited, comprehensive, open-enrollment education institution that provides the following: Associate degree, Certificate and Diploma Programs; career-focused training; transitional coursework; skills training for business and industry; personal enrichment programs and public service activities. Sponsored by the Berks County Commissioners the College provides affordable access to meet identified community educational needs.
Students from every age, race, religion and many different countries throughout the world choose to study here. Those who are seeking degrees at the college are attracted to programs like nursing, respiratory care, criminal justice and business. Other people pursue individual courses to brush up on a skill or interest, or pursue certification in a variety of subjects. The Community Education/Workforce Development division offers programs like dental assisting, home health aide, ESL classes and GED preparation.
The College plays an important part in the business community as well. The new Schmidt Training and Technology Center provides training in senior leadership, manufacturing technology, information technology, workplace readiness and workplace literacy. RACC also partners with other community organizations to enhance the economic vitality of the city and county.
View our course offerings
View all courses or by semester.
Sessions lasting for 5, 8, 10 and 15 weeks:
- Winter (5 weeks) December 13 - January 13
- Spring 1 (15 weeks) January 18 - May 5
- Spring 2 (11 weeks) February 7 - May 5
- Spring Bi-Term 1 (7 weeks) January 18 - March 4
- Spring Bi-Term 2 (7 weeks) March 14 - May 5
- Summer 1 (5 week accelerated online) May 16 - June 16
- Summer 2 (10 week online and in person) June 6 - August 11
- Summer 3 (8 week online and in person) June 6 - July 28
- Summer 4 (5 week accelerated online) June 20 - July 21
You can learn more about all of our programs and courses in our online catalog.