Raven Ambassador Team
Raven Ambassadors are successful RACC students, who use their own college experiences and advice to help others make wise decisions about attending college. As part of the office of Enrollment Services, Raven Ambassadors are high energy, positive students who provide support by:
- Assisting with campus events like new student orientation, commencement, guest speaker appearances and other student activities
- Providing campus tours to individuals and groups
- Participating in Open House events and serving on discussion panels to provide advice to new students
- Greeting all students and visitors who enter Berks Hall
- Answering and redirecting switchboard calls
- Compiling Admissions folders for recruitment activities
- Escorting students to campus destinations
- Providing technology assistance to new students
- Assisting prospective students with completing the application
- Completing proctor certification and proctoring placement testing
- Being trained to be a back-up Live Chat agent
- Representing RACC at Reading Phillies games during the spring/summer
- Assisting with Front Desk functions in the Welcome Center, as needed
- Preparing messages for sandwich board signage to be located around campus
- Participating in call campaigns and envelope-stuffing projects
If you are looking for an active, paid position on-campus that will provide you with a high level of exposure among faculty, staff and visitors then joining the Raven Ambassador team may be a good choice for you.
Becoming a Raven Ambassador
Raven Ambassadors are chosen through an application and interview process. Prospective ambassadors are required to submit an application, which includes an essay on why they think they can best represent RACC. Applicants are then selected for an interview based on their campus involvement, essay and academic history.
Raven Ambassadors are required to commit to participating in a training program, working 15 hours per week throughout the year, attending a weekly team meeting, and working during certain campus events. They must maintain a 2.5 grade point average (GPA) and act in a manner that positively represents RACC at all times. Finally, all applicants must meet a certain financial need as determined by our Financial Aid Department.
Raven Ambassador Assistance
RACC faculty and staff may request Raven Ambassador assistance for campus-sponsored events.
- To submit a request, complete the Raven Ambassador Request Form.