Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code FDN-ADC in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Advancement Database Coordinator|
|Apply by date:||
$35,110 per year
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
NOTE: this position may require evening and weekend work on occasion. The employee has the option of working this time, in addition to, or in lieu of regular hours.
The Advancement Database Coordinator reports to the Foundation Manager in activities related to fundraising and constituent engagement management for the Foundation for RACC, the Miller Center for the Arts, and the college itself. This position manages all donor records and is responsible for the quality standards of the data, provides ongoing fundraising reports to gift officers, and provides communication and customer service to all constituent groups.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Update and maintain the Foundation’s donor database (DonorPerfect) to fulfill the following duties:
- Input all gift types and pledges in the database and process acknowledgment letters for both the Foundation for RACC and the Miller Center for the Arts.
- Reconcile gifts and pledges with the foundation’s accountant during financial audits to ensure that gift data is properly coded and communicated in the accounting software.
- Create and run queries, exports, imports, and reports to support fundraising efforts for staff and volunteer use. This includes annual giving, planned gifts, matching gifts, events, campaign reporting, as well as weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual fundraising reports.
- Report on gift revenue progress and goals for both the Foundation for RACC and the Miller Center for the Arts.
- Research, enter and maintain personal, demographic, employment and relationship data into the donor database as well as any updates provided from constituents and staff.
- Create and implement data oversight functions and train staff to ensure a high standard of “clean” data is being maintained.
- Ensure the ongoing documentation of the database setup, data entry procedures, and data output procedures..
- Responsible for creating a culture of data quality by following and establishing quality assurance protocols, processes, documentation and training.
- Manage user access across the department.
- Collaborate with gift officer(s) to implement, evaluate and standardize prospect management policies and procedures in the database and reports for staff and volunteer use.
- Actively participate as an integrated member of the Advancement team; attend and actively participate in staff meetings, fundraising meetings, retreats and department events.
- Other duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma required
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working in an administrative support customer facing role supporting a team of professionals within a fast-paced environment
- Strong demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite
- B.A/B.S. degree from an accredited college or university
- DonorPerfect software experience
- Administrative support experience in a fundraising environment
- Experience handling confidential information
- Bilingual: English / Spanish
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to work well with people
- Excellent written communication skills especially in the areas of report writing and business correspondence
- Ability to learn and fully utilize a fundraising program
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.