Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code CT-MOPI in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Medical Office Procedures Instructor (Pool)|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$22.05 per hour
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The Career Training-Medical Office Procedures Instructor teaches medical practice management and the systematizing of procedures, including utilization of computers. Teaches medical terminology through assigned reading, reporting and practical applications. Teaches and demonstrates the use of interrelationship between medical law, medical ethics, and medical etiquette in all administrative procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain responsibility for instruction and classroom management.
- Teach provided curriculum in classroom.
- Teach theories and fundamentals of administrative duties, patient records management, and electronic medical records using software programs.
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, appropriate agencies, and class site location staff.
- Maintain good communications and work effectively with all other offices of the college on matters concerning the program.
- Adhere to procedures and policies for the smooth day-to-day operation of the program.
- Participate in professional development activities as required.
- Attend teacher meetings as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or significant adult education/career training experience.
- Experience as a Medical Office Assistant (at least two years).
- Previous teaching experience in a college and or Adult Education/Career Training Program.
- Bilingual Spanish /English.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required. Experience with adult education population, curriculum development, mandated welfare reform, and dislocated workers are preferred.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.