Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code PA-MCSS in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Miller Center Support Specialist|
|Apply by date:||
$35,110 per year
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee weekly due to need of flexible hours. Hours to include weeknight and weekend hours.
The Miller Center Support Specialist will run the box office by processing ticket sales, customer service, building events in ticketing system and show maintenance, keeps the Miller Center database updated, social media management, take photos during events that are approved, assist Miller Center Production Coordinator in operation of college events, and assist Miller Center House Manager and Production Manager as needed. Provides additional support to the Miller Center as needed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage box office during regular hours and during performances, on evening and weekends, preparing Will Call, sell tickets, and resolve problems, as needed.
- Resolve customer conflicts regarding ticketing as well as show night issues.
- Manage Social Media accounts by coordinating posts, creating new campaign ideas along with House Manager, research targeting, answering direct messages, take photos, and interacting with followers.
- Coordinate all digital media posts on behalf of the Miller Center, Facebook, Instagram, monitors, and other platforms.
- Event management as needed.
- Assist House Manager with membership management.
- Maintain knowledge of items currently available to customers.
- Assist customers with purchase decisions.
- Collect complete and accurate data from customers.
- Provide feedback in regard to customer entertainment preference and purchasing habits.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures and reconcile daily transactions.
- Maintain a positive attitude and a genuine interest in helping others.
- Create and manage all events and packages in ticketing system.
- Process all orders for tickets for each production, purchased online, via telephone, by mail or in person, through ticketing system.
- Contribute to the environment of the box office in a manner that is conducive to customer service, sales promotion, safety, and quality of work life.
- Maintain quality database entry practices when completing regular database maintenance.
- Assist the Miller Center Production Coordinator for all the technical requirements for college programs and rentals.
- Have a working knowledge of sound, lighting and projection.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and potential hazards that pertain to ADA compliance, life safety, mobility and transportation logistics as they affect the Miller Center.
- Assist the Miller Center Production Coordinator in operation of college events and rentals.
- Assist with the selling of show merchandise when needed by the tour.
- Manage the donor perfect / agile ticketing database.
- Perform other duties as required.
There are no supervisory duties.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or GED
- Experience in the performing arts
- Social media management experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Customer service experience, preferably in the ticketing, entertainment, non-profit arts or hospitality industries
- Experience using computer software programs including point of sale systems and Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Experience with Photoshop
- Knowledge of basic cash handling procedures, and fiscal responsibility
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Possess high standards of integrity, credibility, and reliability
- Ability to maintain a high level of poise and professionalism at all circumstances
- Works well independently and in a group setting, a true team player
- Highly motivated self-starter, a hard worker with a high energy level; a “doer” with a willingness to work hands-on in assisting customers and staff
- Ability to initiate and build relationships with customers and interact via telephone and in person with customers.
The successful candidate will be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Adept in social media tools. Experience with Photoshop helpful. Experience using computer software programs including point of sales systems.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
Intermediate Skills: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.