Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code CELP-ESS(1) in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Enrollment Support Specialist - Literacy Programs
|Apply by date:
$42,197 per year
Working hours for this position consist of a 7.5-hour period (between the hours of 8:00 am and 8:00 pm) Monday through Friday exclusive of a 1/2- or 1-hour lunch. These hours are to be agreed upon between the supervisor and employee at the onset of employment. This position requires one evening per week and may require evening and/or weekend work with the employee having the option of working this time in addition to, or in lieu of regular hours.
The Literacy Programs Enrollment Support Specialist will serve as a support staff to instructors and students. This position coordinates and oversees registration of students, digital literacy instruction including familiarizing staff and students with technology, and providing timely management of assessments for all students both in person and remote.
Position requires frequent local travel; employee must have ready access to transportation. Will be required to attend both on campus and off campus training as dictated by the needs of the position. Occasional overnight travel for conferences and/or training may be required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Obtain and maintain both CASAS and TABE testing certification and any additional assessment certifications mandated by PDE
- Actively participate in the implementation of enrollment strategies to meet enrollment goals as defined by Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE)
- Organize and conduct student registrations
- Organize appropriate assessments for different educational functioning levels (EFL)
- Administer appropriate pre-test assessments as part of the registration process
- Plan and implement orientation sessions in coordination with the Student Support Specialist.
- Stay current on assessment regulations mandated by PDE guidelines and implement changes accordingly
- Work with instructors, Student Support Specialist and Date Entry Specialist to monitor attendance hours and testing intervals to administer appropriate post-test assessments
- Prepare materials for assessments and proctor students during test taking sessions.
- Assist new staff in obtaining testing certifications and monitor staff re-certification timetables following PDE guidelines
- Support instructors, classroom aides and tutors at both RACC and subcontractor sites in accessing and using technology platforms, including but not limited to myracc.edu, Zoom, MS Teams, Google Drive, and specific adult education supplemental distance learning platforms
- Ensure instructors have the necessary technology skills to support distance learning, teach remotely as needed and use technology to enhance instruction and promote digital literacy in students
- Support new and current students at both RACC and subcontractor sites in accessing and using technology platforms including accessing student email
- Collaborate with Learning2Work team on creation and maintenance of Canvas course shells for Literacy Programs
- Assist students at all sites with the navigation of job and career exploration sites
- Maintain digital literacy infrastructure in the program, keep current with trends in digital literacy (specific to education and employment)
- Act as point of contact for PDE Digital Literacy initiatives
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, appropriate agencies, and class site location staff
- Participate in professional development activities as required
- Submit monthly reports as requested by the department supervisor
- Perform other related duties as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- One-years’ experience with teaching adults
- Experience with online teaching
- Experience in the use of Zoom, MS Teams and Google Drive
- Bachelor's Degree in Education or related field
- Proficiency in the use of Zoom ,MS Teams and Google Drive
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to interface with a variety of students, instructors and customers
- Must possess the ability to adapt and multitask
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet platforms (especially Zoom, MS Teams and Google Drive). Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.