Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code HP-PAAHL in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
A background check is not required for this position.
|Title:||Project Assistant, Advancing Health Literacy|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$14.05 per hour
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The Project Assistant will support the Advancing Health Literacy Grant. The Grant helps residents of Reading, Pennsylvania to get, understand, and use health information. COVID-19 is the main focus of the grant. RACC is the evaluator for the grant. This position will help with gathering and organizing information and data related to the grant. This position will also help to review health information – brochures, web sites, pamphlets, and other resources. Telework (work from home) may be available. This is a 100% AHL Grant funded position through June 2023.
This position requires no travel. Telework (work from home) may be available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with gathering and organizing information from surveys and other program activities
- Assist in the review of health information – brochures, websites, pamphlets, and other resources
- Participate in meetings and communicate with outside organizations, as appropriate
- Support the preparation and submission of documentation to the funder of the project
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Required (final candidates will be tested)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel
- creating and saving documents
- creating formulas: adding, subtracting, percentages
- sorting information in columns
- Experience using Microsoft Word
- change margins, paper size, fonts, and font size
- Internet Skills
- looking for information, downloading information, Google Chrome
- Bilingual: Spanish/English
- Understanding of health literacy
- Understanding of COVID-19
- Experience with Survey Monkey
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Pays attention to details
- Communicates clearly when speaking and writing
- Strong organization skills
- Can work on more than one task at a time
- Able to put important tasks first
- Works as part of a team; Supports decisions and work to be done
Computer Skills (final candidates will be tested)
The skills below are needed to be able to work well in this position:
- Microsoft Office: Word and Excel
- Internet Skills: looking for information, downloading resources, using Google Chrome
- Experience with Survey Monkey a plus
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.