Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code SSHS-ECFPC in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||ECE Field Placement Coordinator|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$17.00 per hour
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The ECE Field Placement Coordinator is responsible for the following: ensuring all clearances and credentials are physically maintained in the ECE office; identifying appropriate placement sites (those that meet PDE requirements); making placements for all students in all ECE classes; follow-up communications with placement sites; and supporting the ECE coordinator in maintenance of data for students using the TAOC agreement, accreditation and grant reporting needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide directions and support to students in obtaining clearances required by PDE and DPW
- Observe originals of clearances, copy, organize physical forms and maintain up dated lists of students each semester
- Report to faculty (of each ECE class) when students do not have clearances
- Establish relationships with appropriate ECE field placement sites in the community
- Schedule placements for students in each ECE class
- Follow –up with field placement agencies and provide support to cooperating teachers and students
- Visit field placement sites periodically
- Provide support to students in developing course and program portfolios
- Provide support to the ECE coordinator in documenting portfolio artifacts for the TAOC agreement
- Assist in collection and reporting of data for the ECE program
- Assist ECE Coordinator in advising ECE students
- Other related responsibilities as assigned
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or BS/BA in Education with a minimum 30 credit ECE
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience in the ECE field
- Reading Area Community College ECE graduate
- Knowledge of the ECE field in Berks County
- Bilingual Spanish/English is preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.