Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code CTI-PCP in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Pre-Clinical Phlebotomy Instructor - Career Training|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$25.00 per hour
It is the policy of Reading Area Community College to prohibit discrimination on the basis of: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with this policy, RACC also provides those reasonable accommodations required by law to students, employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances. and practices.
Varies and is dependent upon course offering(s).
The Career Training Pre-Clinical Phlebotomy Instructor reports to the Healthcare Coordinator of the Career Programs-Health Professions Department who will assign location and hours of the Career Training Instructor activities. The Career Training Instructor provides academic instruction and student academic support for assigned academic department. The Career Training Pre- Clinical Phlebotomy Instructor is responsible for teaching a curriculum to students that focuses on the competencies and practical knowledge of in-house collecting, emergency care collection, independent specimen collection, and venipunctures.
Position requires limited local travel; employee must have access to transportation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain responsibility for instruction and classroom management.
- Teach provided curriculum in classroom.
- Teach theories and fundamentals of different collection specimens, handling of specimen and safety measures and strategies for a difficult draws.
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, appropriate agencies, and class site location staff.
- Maintain good communications and work effectively with all other offices of the college on matters concerning the program.
- Adhere to procedures and policies for the smooth day-to-day operation of the program.
- Participate in professional development activities as required.
- Attend meetings as required.
- Other duties may be assigned.
The individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current ASCP with no limitations
- 2-3 years of teaching experience
- Experience working with an accredited program
- Bilingual English\Spanish
Certificate, Licenses, Registration:
- Current ASCP
Other Skills, and Abilities:
An equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn, follow, and enforce college policies and procedures
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of trends, developments, new technologies affecting Phlebotomy \EKG and health career programs.
- Knowledge of curriculum and program development.
- Skill in current technologies, use of centrifuge and EKG machine.
- Skill in instructing students from diverse cultures and/or backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently while contributing to a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, and to relate to others in a professional, helpful manner.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve problems and to maintain strict confidentiality related to sensitive information.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with a diverse student population.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.