Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code CTI-PHTP in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Pharmacy Technician Instructor - Career Training|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$25.00 per hour
It is the policy of Reading Area Community College to prohibit discrimination on the basis of: race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, genetic information (including family medical history), political affiliation, military service, or any other characteristic protected by law. Consistent with this policy, RACC also provides those reasonable accommodations required by law to students, employees and applicants with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs, observances. and practices.
Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The Career Training (CT) Pharmacy Technician Program Instructor reports to the Healthcare Coordinator of the Center for Career Training, Community Education, & Professional Development who will assign location and hours of the Career Training Instructor activities. The CT Pharmacy Technician Program instructor provides academic instruction and student academic support for assigned academic department. The CT Pharmacy Technician Program Instructor is responsible for teaching a curriculum to students using theories and fundamentals of pharmacy practice. Performs tasks designed to ensure the quality and consistency of academic instruction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain responsibility for instruction and classroom management.
- Teach provided curriculum in classroom.
- Educate students on the introductory concepts of pharmacy practice.
- Help grow a basic understanding of medications and their associated nomenclature.
- Teach students the federal and state requirements on medications.
- Educate students on how to perform functions related to medication ordering, receiving, storage, preparation, deliver and disposal.
- Lead by example by utilizing appropriate steps in decision making process to include recognition and priority setting related to pharmacy work.
- Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, appropriate agencies, and class site location staff.
- Maintain good communications and work effectively with all other offices of the college on matters concerning the program.
- Adhere to procedures and policies for the smooth day-to-day operation of the program.
- Participate in professional development activities as required.
- Attend teacher meetings as required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy from a College of Pharmacy (or PharmD degree preferred)
- Minimum of one-year of experience in the pharmacy field, preferably in hospital/clinical experience
- Previous teaching experience in a college and or Adult Education Program
- Bilingual: English / Spanish
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Experience with adult education population, curriculum development, mandated welfare reform, and dislocated workers are preferred.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to establish positive relationships with students, faculty, and staff
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse faculty, staff, and student body
Ability to teach compounding for a pharmacy environment. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and Internet skills. Knowledge of Ellucian Colleague or other administrative software a plus.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two-step instructions. Ability to deal with standardized situations with only occasional or no variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.