Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references from previous supervisors, and one (1) professional reference from a colleague, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code FAS-SAHM in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Systems Administrator & Helpdesk Manager
|Apply by date:
$80,000 - $95,000 per year
RACC Full Time Faculty and Staff Benefits
We value prospective faculty and staff, and all that they contribute to enriching Reading Area Community College. Recognizing the vital role our fabulous faculty and staff play in the success of both our students and institution, we offer a valuable program of top-notch benefits to our full-time employees, including:
- Medical, dental, prescription drug, life and disability insurance
- Tuition Waiver Program (for academic courses at the College)
- Forgivable tuition loan (for classes at any accredited academic institution)
- 403(b) retirement plan with competitive employer matching
- Health care and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- Generous paid vacation, holiday, floating holiday and personal time
- Plus a host of employee perks!
Serves as the helpdesk manager and technical expert in systems administration, disaster recovery, active directory, anti-virus, email administration, and phone administration of the college’s IT and communications systems. Responsible for the technical design, planning, implementation, and support of the college’s information systems.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the college’s computer system by monitoring system performance, configuration, installation of specified maintenance upgrades/patches, and issue resolution.
- Maintain system and application documentation to ensure operational reliability.
- Develop system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure continued support for the business and academic needs of the college.
- Supervise and provides direction to helpdesk staff, contractors, and consultants. Provides support to end-users as required.
- Establish procedures and guidelines for installation and maintenance of end-user devices.
- Research, evaluate and recommend to management, emerging technologies that meet the college’s strategic objectives to provide advanced system reliability, efficiency, and effectiveness.
- Serve as technical project manager for technology initiatives as assigned by the CIO-Director of IT.
- Manage and administer the installation and upgrades for all college-owned servers, applications, and related end user devices connected to the college’s information systems.
- In coordination with the CIO-Director of IT and other IT management, assist in the development of contract specifications and terms for the acquisition of server hardware, software, support, training, and consulting services.
- Coordinate third-party support and maintenance for server hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Provide technical administration of the VoIP system including maintenance, backup, security, documentation, and reporting.
- Monitor and maintain compliance with all software and hardware licensing and copywrite requirements.
- Remain aware of cyber security best practices and reports potential risks or suspected violations of information security policies and procedures to management.
- Support Network and Telecommunications manager and Manager Programming and Database Services as may be required.
Directly supervises Full-time and Part-time employees as assigned. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the college's policies, bargaining agreements and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Certification in Microsoft MTA Windows server administration fundamentals, Microsoft Azure fundamentals, or other certifications comparable to the aforementioned
- Three years of progressive technical leadership experience demonstrated by career advancement, increased management responsibility, and/or participation in formal leadership or management training programs
- Proficient in Server Technology, including Microsoft Windows server, Hyper-V or similar virtualization, Microsoft Exchange, and Active Directory skills
- Experience with system architecture and design, high-availability applications, SAN equipment, and server configuration including with Dell brand equipment
- Working knowledge of network infrastructure and concepts: switches, routers, VLAN, TCP/IP, and OSI models. Experience with CISCO switches, routers, and firewalls is a plus
- Demonstrated project leadership skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in an IT-related field
- CompTIA Security +
- Advanced IT certifications are a plus including CCNA
- Other Microsoft or Cisco Certifications are a plus
- Supervisory Experience in a Union environment
- Shoretel systems administration
- Veeam or similar backup/availability software
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish
- Community College Experience
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations:
Microsoft MTA Windows server administration fundamentals, Microsoft Azure fundamentals certifications.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write effective correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and group situations to customers, clients, faculty and staff of the College.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with complex problems, involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform in this role successfully, an individual: must be proficient with word processing software, spreadsheet software, and standard office equipment, a wide range of computing hardware and information technology analytical tools and software.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to walk; sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.