Thanks to generous donations from college employees, alumni, members of the community, businesses and corporations, Reading Area Community College is able to offer scholarships to recognize academic achievement.
When investigating scholarships, be sure to note the deadline dates and requirements. Only apply to scholarships which you have all the eligibility requirements. Check spelling and grammar on the entire application and include an essay if required. Use specific examples when answering questions and be neat in all writing and documentation. All scholarship applicants should have a current completed FAFSA and meet federal eligibility requirements. If you win a scholarship, be sure to thank your provider.
Remember: Scholarships do not have to be repaid.
All Foundation for Reading Area Community College Scholarships are awarded according to financial aid and donor criteria. Foundation Scholarships are credited to the students' financial aid account and are disbursed according to financial aid timelines and policies. For a complete listing of RACC Scholarships and criteria, contact the Foundation for Reading Area Community College. Award amounts are determined on an annual basis by donor contributions, the Foundation Board of Directors and the financial need of the student.
Honors Scholars Award
Deadline: Apply as soon as possible
This FULL scholarship at Reading Area Community College will pay all tuition and fees not covered by financial aid grants for 2 years (valued up to $12,000.00). It was established to help fund new students or students who have earned less than 15 college credits who are committed to the Honors Program at RACC.
Application - PDF
- 2019-2020 Foundation Scholarship Application-Deadline: July 31, 2019
- Eligible students must be enrolled for the fall semester for 12 or more credits or be part of the Nursing clinical experience.
- Application - PDF
Presidential Scholarships - Full Tuition Scholarships for Four Semesters
Deadline: Applications available each year in January with an April deadline.
Eligible recipients must be current seniors in high school who will graduate and have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 at the time of application.
- Reading Area Community College (RACC) will award up to one scholarship per high school, including all 18 Berks County public high schools, I-Lead Charter School, and Berks Catholic High School. One scholarship will also be awarded to one homeschool, cyber school, or other Berks County student who will complete high school that year. Additionally, two scholarships will be awarded to students participating in a JROTC Program at a Berks County high school.
Career Programs at RACC
Scholarships available for the following Short Term Career Programs at RACC:
- Nurse Aide training: cost $1,390.00
Scholarships up to $790.00
- Phlebotomy training: approximate cost $6,500.00
Scholarships up to $4,000.00
Students must pay the remaining balance and meet the federal guidelines for financial aid eligibility.
For more information on these programs, call 610-372-4721 ext. 5707.
Michael Meitzler Endowed Scholarship
Deadline: July 31, 2019
Applicants must be criminal justice majors at RACC who either graduated from the City of Reading Junior Police Academy and/or sons or daughters of active law enforcement. Eligible students should email Brenda Creasy for consideration.
Townsend Press Reading Contest
In this contest, students earn cash scholarships from Townsend Press by reading books. For every 10 books you read, you will be awarded $100.00.
- More Information - PDF