Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references from previous supervisors, and one (1) professional reference from a colleague, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code FAS-AMFS in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Assistant Manager, Facilities & Security|
|Apply by date:||
$55,000 - $65,000 per year
Working hours for this position consist of a 7.5 hour period daily, exclusive of a 1/2 or 1 hour lunch. These hours to be agreed upon between the supervisor and employee at the onset of employment.
Must be available evenings, weekends and other hours in response to work emergencies.
Responsible for supervising the custodial staff, outside vendors, and the services required to support outside community groups approved to use College buildings/grounds. This individual assists with the management of the overall operations of the Physical Plant Department when required and as directed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, schedules, assigns, supervises, trains, inspects and evaluates the work of RACC and outsourced custodians.
- Acts as back-up for the Director of Facilities and Security Services when required and as directed. Serves as the main point of contact for facilities and security during scheduled evening hours.
- Acts as back-up for the Office Coordinator – Facilities and Security Services when required for coverage and as directed, performing those duties as assigned.
- Prioritizes and assigns work tickets to maintenance personnel when required.
- Provides direction to maintenance personnel when required.
- Maintains time and material records and prepares reports as required.
- Supervises routine care, maintenance and minor repair of equipment, and performs minor repairs and adjustments throughout the College as required.
- Reports difficult or more-involved maintenance and repair needs to the Director of Facilities.
- Observes and reports hazardous conditions to the Director of Facilities and, when possible, corrects conditions.
- Assists the Director of Facilities in planning for community use activities and building rentals to ensure proper staffing and availability of needed equipment. Sets up furniture and equipment for those activities.
- Assists in the inventory of movable furniture, equipment and custodial supplies within the College.
- Initiates action and directs custodial staff in all efforts and procedures to protect and secure College property and equipment from fire, theft vandalism and other abuse.
- Coordinates and supervises outsourced contractor for snow removal.
- Meets regularly with the Director of Facilities and other staff as necessary, to discuss College concerns for future facility needs and to receive directions.
- Serves as primary emergency contact for alarms, and monitors alarm systems.
- Responsible for following emergency protocols, including the use of software during emergencies.
- Utilizes the card access system software to grant, change, or rescind access as required.
- Inputs information and operates the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS), or other software used for tracking and monitoring maintenance needs.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of custodial employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies, bargaining agreements and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; motivating and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required. Certificate, diploma or degree in Facilities Maintenance or related field required. Four years custodial experience including operation of custodial equipment required. Two years supervisory experience required within the last five years. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before small groups.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheet software and word processing software. The individual in this position must have a proven record of computer usage and will be required to be proficient in learning and operating various software programs.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License required.
Criminal records check will be required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Proven ability to provide leadership and work with a variety of individuals professionally and in a team atmosphere.
Other Required Qualifications:
Knowledge of custodial, cleaning products/equipment. Knowledge of professional carpet, tile and other floor surface care. Must be able to perform the responsibilities of the position to accomplish goals with minimal direct supervision.
Other Preferred Qualifications:
Knowledge of mechanical and electrical building systems. Knowledge of heating systems. Knowledge of construction materials.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duty of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.