If you are preparing to take college classes for the first time, follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to your first semester!
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college.
- Submit your most current transcripts (high school and/or home school evaluations). Transcripts should be mailed to:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA - if you want to apply for financial aid. If you need help with your FAFSA, visit Financial Aid in Berks Hall room 107.
- Call 610-607-6224 or 610-372-4721 ext. 5128 to schedule your placement test.
- Prepare for your placement test, then complete your test on your scheduled day.
- Participate in RACC Ready. During RACC Ready, you'll learn important information about the college and how to register for classes.
- Pay your tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Penn Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase books at the Campus Bookstore.
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
Electronic transcripts should be sent directly to Anna Hehn at email@example.com.
If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 to schedule an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test.
View our full checklist for first-time students.