If you are preparing to take college classes for the first time, follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to your first semester!
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college.
- Submit your most current transcripts (high school and/or home school evaluations). If you've taken ACT, SAT, or AP exams, you should have those scores sent to RACC, as well as transcripts from any other college you have attended. Transcripts should be mailed to:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA - if you want to apply for financial aid. If you need help with your FAFSA, visit Financial Aid in Berks Hall room 107.
- Call 610-607-6224 or 610-372-4721 ext. 5128 to schedule your placement test.
- Prepare for your placement test, then complete your test on your scheduled day.
- Participate in RACC Ready. During RACC Ready, you'll learn important information about the college and how to register for classes.
- Pay your tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Penn Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase books at the Campus Bookstore.
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
Electronic transcripts should be sent directly to Anna Hehn at email@example.com.
If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 to schedule an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test.
View our full checklist for first-time students.