All full or part-time credit division students who are currently registered at RACC (regardless of major) and who meet all qualifications for membership listed below are eligible for membership in the College's Psi Beta Chapter.
- You have completed a 100-level college Psychology course with a grade of B or higher.
- You have completed a 200-level (or higher) Psychology course with a grade of B or higher.
- You have a combined GPA of 3.50 or higher for all completed Psychology coursework.
- You have completed 12 credits of college coursework with a cumulative college GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- You are currently enrolled at RACC.
- You have a sincere interest in psychology.
- You have high personal standards of behavior and integrity and abide by RACC's Student Responsibilities and Academic Honesty Policies, as outlined in the Student Handbook.
- You are registered with the national Psi Beta Office prior to induction or have submitted an application and are awaiting official approval.
- You will pay a $50 one-time, lifetime fee to Psi Beta International.
- You commit to fulfilling the duties of voting members (see below).
If you believe you qualify for membership in RACC Psi Beta and are interested in joining, please stop by a meeting, e-mail RACC Psi Beta at firstname.lastname@example.org, or contact Psi Beta's advisor, Dr. David Brant at email@example.com.
The duties of the Voting Members include:
- You attend all meetings of Psi Beta in their entirety.*
- You serve on committees voluntarily or by appointment, as necessary to help promote Psi Beta's mission.
- You support Psi Beta Fundraisers.
- You participate in a minimum of one (1) community service project per academic semester.
- You vote on all organization business. (Please note that an affirmative vote implies support for the initiative and participation whenever possible.)
- You maintain a minimum 3.25 overall GPA and a minimum 3.5 GPA in psychology.**
*If you cannot attend a meeting, you communicate to the President or Secretary that you are unable to attend at least 24 hours in advance of the meeting in order to be considered "excused."
If you accumulate two excused absences or one unexcused absence in a semester, you will forfeit your voting membership.
** If your overall GPA falls below a 3.25 or your psychology GPA falls below a 3.5, you will no longer be eligible to vote and will be deemed an inactive member, until such time that your GPA again meets the college's eligibility requirements. You will NOT immediately lose your Psi Beta Membership!
For more information, please reference our Chapter's Bylaws.