Clubs & Organizations: Psi Beta Benefits
Psi Beta Benefits
In addition to the friendships, professional connections, research opportunities, and community service events, Psi Beta has much to offer its Members. The following are some of our favorite benefits that Psi Beta membership has offered us:
- Members gain recognition for achieving the honor of membership. Among the entities that recognize Psi Beta membership: Psi Chi, APA, APS, psychology departments at colleges and universities, and employers.
- Members gain eligibility to be student affiliate members in the American Psychological Association (APA) and the Association for Psychological Science (APS).
- Members have the opportunity to attend and present at regional and national psychological association conferences. In addition, Psi Beta often offers special programming for members during these conferences.
- Members can receive verification of membership throughout the member's lifetime.
- Members have the opportunity to develop & hone leadership experience.
- Members receive the opportunity to connect and be mentored by their Psychology professors, which can lead to strong personal references when considering transferring to 4-year institutions.
- Eligibility for national awards, such as those listed here.
- Eligibility for these different annual awards: Building Bonds, Chapter Excellence, Chapter Community service, Individual Community Service, College Life Award, and Faculty Advisor.
- Publication of membership and activities in the nationally distributed Psi Beta Newsletter.
- Ethnic minority students can participate in the annual Diversity Project mentoring program during the annual conference of the American Psychological Association.
- Psi Beta membership meets one of the requirements for entrance at the GS-7 level (2 levels higher) in numerous occupations in Federal service.