Volunteering is a great way for students to gain experience that will help prepare them for their career and at the same time get more connected to the community. There are many benefits to volunteering including:
- Gain experience that can be added to a resume
- Allows a person to experience a particular career field and help determine if they enjoy it or not
- Aids a person in developing a network of contacts
To find out how volunteering can benefit you as a student, check out this link: Volunteering to Start a Career in Non-Profit Work.
- Quintessential Careers http://www.quintcareers.com/
Career development site with articles, tools, tips, and links to other resources.
- Learn How to Become http://www.learnhowtobecome.org/
- The Riley Guide www.rileyguide.com/
Introduction to the online job search with useful sites and services; includes information on resumes and interviewing.
- JobHuntersBible.com from Richard Bolles www.jobhuntersbible.com/
Gateway site for job hunt preparation.
- Wall Street Journal careers page, online.wsj.com/public/page/news-career-jobs.html
Articles and information covering all aspects of the job search.
- Networking Today: A Guide for Business Professionals and College Graduates http://www.ut-ie.com/l-m/local_nat_resources.html/