Emergency Assistance Funds
RACC is committed to the success of our students. We understand that unforeseen financial hardship can directly threat a student’s academic success. The Emergency Assistance Fund is designed to provide support to our students in times of crisis.
Students can apply for emergency assistance funds if they are facing extraordinary financial hardship, for example:
- Course-required items (e.g. stethoscope for a nursing student)
- Emergency medical expenses including medication and essential dental work
- Safety/Security Emergencies ( lock changes, mobile phones)
- Emergency transportation expenses including auto repairs, taxi and bus fare
- Emergency auto repair expenses
- Sudden childcare issues
- Utility bills
- Travel expenses due to a family crisis
- Personal home catastrophe (e.g. fire or flood that directly affects your ability to attend classes)
Eligible students may receive one award annually total a maximum of $500.
Can the funds be used for tuition?
No, emergency assistance funds cannot be used to pay tuition or a prior outstanding bill owed to the college.
Who is eligible to apply for emergency assistance funds?
Any student who is currently enrolled at RACC in a credit or non-credit course who is in satisfactory academic standing is eligible to apply for emergency assistance. Reasonable proof of need is required and the college reserves the right to make the final determination.
How do I apply for emergency assistance funds?
To request funding, please complete and submit the online form.