College to Career Events | May 11-25
Reading Area Community College is offering a series of events on RACC's campus in May to connect students and families with RACC faculty members and staff, to learn about attaining an affordable college education, and entering an exciting, well-paying career after college.
Attendees will have opportunities to view presentations and speak to our experienced division deans, faculty members and current students to ask questions about RACC's excellent degree and transfer programs, and how to strengthen their post-secondary and career trajectories.
All events are in person on the RACC campus from 6:00-7:00 PM.
Wednesday, May 11 | Helping Professions: Addictions Studies, Criminal Justice, Psychology and Social Work
- Right now, helping professions careers are extremely in demand. Graduates will learn the skills needed to be effective in addressing addiction, mental health and social needs. They will also be able to implement research-based interventions, including case management, attending skills and facilitation of psycho-educational groups. These programs will also prepare students to enter a four-year program in behavioral health studies or human services.
Tuesday, May 17 | Education: Early Childhood (Pre-K-Grade 4) and Middle/Secondary Education Transfer
- There is currently a national teacher shortage…and our graduates get great teaching jobs. The Pre K-4 program prepares graduates for immediate employment in the teaching field; as well as the first 60-63 credits toward teacher certification. These programs will also prepare students to transfer seamlessly into a four-year program in middle/secondary education.
Wednesday, May 18 | Science and Engineering
- The post-pandemic job market has seen a surge in STEM careers. RACC offers transfer degree programs in engineering, health science and science. We also offer career degree programs in electric utility technology, mechatronics engineering technology and nanoscience technology. The program will also prepare students to transfer seamlessly into a four-year program in middle/secondary education.
Tuesday, May 24 | Art, Communications, Creative Writing and Liberal Arts
- These programs include art, journalism, creative writing and more. These courses are taught by highly qualified and engaged instructors with real-world experience, including published writers and artists. Students can earn an associate of fine arts degree, a certificate or a transfer degree.
Wednesday, May 25 | Business: Medical Office/Health Records, Medical Coding & Billing, Cyber Defense and Accounting
- Many RACC graduates have established very successful careers in business at the highest levels. The RACC business program prepares graduates for careers as managers, entrepreneurs, health records specialists, medical coding and billing specialists, cyber defense, and accounting specialists. Graduates will utilize business and management principles, apply effective human relations and communications skills, utilize financial and managerial accounting concepts and apply economic theory to analyze social, political, financial, and business problems.