Documentation from Canvas
- Basic Computer Specifications Needed for Canvas
- Supported Web Browsers
- Instructor Guide (Web version)
- Canvas Video Guides
Popular How-to Videos and Guides
- RACC Instructor Start of Semester Checklist (PDF)
- Setting up Canvas for the minimum required content (video)
- Adding Blackboard Collaborate to your Canvas Course (video)
- Navigating the Canvas Dashboard and Course List (video)
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I get trained in Canvas?
Please see the Training section for more details.
How do I access Canvas?
- Go to the myRACC portal.
- Login using your myRACC portal username and password. For instructors, your username is your first initial and last name (John Smith = jsmith).
- Click on the Canvas link under the "Tools/Everyday Tools" menu on the left-hand side.
- You should now see your Canvas Dashboard.
How do I get help if I have a problem in Canvas?
If you encounter technical problems within Canvas, click on the Help button in the lower-left corner of the screen. From there, you can access the guides or submit a help request. It is important to make sure your computer meets the specifications to run Canvas and you are using a supported web browser. If you encounter any problems logging into myRACC, please contact the helpdesk.
I am still seeing students on my course roster that have dropped or withdrawn. Why?
If students are dropped or have dropped a course, they will still appear on the class roster in Canvas (but not in WebAdvisor) for seven calendar days after the drop date. This delay was implemented because students who were dropped for non-payment (and quickly pay their bill) can be re-added to the course without losing any course work that may have been already submitted. After seven days, those students should no longer appear on the roster.
When will I see my upcoming courses?
You can expect to see upcoming spring and summer courses appear in Canvas beginning in mid-October. Upcoming fall courses should appear in mid-March. These courses are accessible from your full course list under the Future Enrollments section.
Will my courses disappear at the end of the semester?
Courses will conclude on the date semester grades are due at 11:59pm. After this date and time, courses go into a read-only state. Instructors can still view the course contents, but not make any changes to these completed courses. You can access the completed courses by viewing your full course list. Completed courses can be used as the source for copying course content from semester to semester.