Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code FAS-PUR in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Apply by date:||
$35,110 per year
Working hours for this position consist of a 7.5 hour day Monday through Friday. These hours to be agreed upon between the supervisor and the employee at the onset of employment.
The individual in this position provides assistance to the Director of Purchasing with all aspects of purchasing office functions. In that capacity the individual is involved in activities related to purchasing, bids and contracts, vendor contacts, meetings, requisitions and purchase orders, mail, shipping, and receiving.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete daily purchasing tasks as assigned (see below)
- Complete daily mail, shipping, and receiving tasks as assigned (see below)
- Provide administrative support, informal instruction, and formal training to community members regarding proper purchasing procedures in compliance with RACC policies and procedures, state/federal laws, and best practices for purchasing.
- Assist with College vendor programs as needed (Amazon, Pepsi, Fraser, Office Service Company, etc.).
- Assist with departmental credit card purchases and monthly reconciliation.
- Assist with contract compliance.
- Administer student event contracts, following contracting procedure.
- Assist with contractor extension letters.
- Review certified payroll reports for state or federal grant requirements.
- Review professional service invoices against contracted prices.
- Administer auctions of obsolete furniture & equipment through Municibid.
- Assist in the preparation of reports for the purchasing office (sustainability, supplier diversity, vendors/group purchasing organizations, spend, savings, etc.).
- Assist with general administrative duties related to group purchasing organizations and commodity management to identify qualified suppliers.
- Assist in the research and preparation of RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, specifications, clarifications, correspondence, and bid review.
- Assist in administering PennBid and the College's Business Opportunities website.
- Assist Accounts Payable, Vendors, and community members with resolving issues regarding price, deliveries, returns, incorrect invoices, etc.
- Develop and keep up-to-date procedure manuals for all duties.
- Act as back-up in the absence of the other Purchasing Assistant.
- Perform other related work as assigned.
Daily Tasks Will Switch Regularly Between the Two Purchasing Assistants
Type A Daily Tasks: Processing Purchase Orders and Right-to-Know
- Assist community members with requisitions, review and process purchase orders, obtain and retain proper documentation, submit purchase orders for approval, send purchase order to vendor, expedite purchase orders/change orders, and close open purchase orders as appropriate.
- Track purchase orders in excess of $5,000; Upload contracts and Purchase orders >$5,000 to the Public Contracts Database for PA Right-To-Know.
Type B Daily Tasks: Mail, Shipping, Receiving
- Administer the Qtrak platform for receiving, following procedures. (Scan incoming packages, inspect items purchased against packing list, record receipt of items into Colleague, and deliver to the College Community)
- Coordinate campus outgoing mail for pick-up with Mailroom Systems.
- Prepare outgoing packages promptly using the UPS website, following procedures.
- Monitor mail account funding levels and create a check requisition when replenishment is required.
- Collect toner cartridges from community members for recycling and obtain shipping label from Frazier to ship.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate degree from an accredited institution with two years’ experience in working with vendors, purchasing, contracts, mailroom, or related experience required; OR high school diploma with three years' experience in working with vendors, purchasing, contracts, mailroom, or related experience required.
- Valid Pennsylvania Driver’s license
- Previous experience with Ellucian Colleague system
- Microsoft Office experience (Excel, Word)
Other Skills and abilities:
- Interpersonal, organizational, communication, and planning skills
- Attention to detail
- Completes daily responsibilities independently, with minimal supervision
- Team player
- Customer service skills
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, vendors and the general public is required.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the use of Database software or Access; Internet software; Excel spreadsheet software and Word Processing software. Ability to learn appropriate purchasing software programs that may be installed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.