Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code AA-ITSS in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Industry Training Support Specialist - Workforce Development|
|Apply by date:||
$43,400 per year
Working hours for this position consist of a 7.5-hour period Monday through Friday exclusive of a ½ or 1-hour lunch. This position may require working evening hours when needed to support evening instruction. A schedule will be determined by the Executive Director of Workforce & Economic Development and the employee at the beginning of each month.
NOTE: The working hours during any given day will not be divided so as to require the employee to report to work more than one time unless agreed upon by both parties.
The Schmidt Training and Technology Center Industry Training Support Specialist has responsibility for supporting and maintaining the technology center’s laboratory, instructor and student operations related to learning and cost- efficiency. Laboratory areas of responsibility include industrial mechanics, industrial electricity, industrial electronics, automated/SMART manufacturing, robotics, mechatronics, machining and IT. This position also supports other STTC Workforce training and consulting services including but not limited to Wastewater Treatment, SCORE, Open Enrollment Training, Custom Customer Training. This position reports to the Executive Director of Workforce & Economic Development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain course management systems both traditional and e-learning (build courses, enroll students, and provide student orientations). Maintain STTC’s use of college Accutrack system. Reports network, software and hardware problems to IT department.
- Maintain student ID/badge process and provide student tracking (attendance & progress) reports to internal staff and to external companies (for sponsored employees) in accordance with STTC policies and procedures.
- Assist in setting and maintaining efficient and effective min/max levels for realistic inventory of supplies, teaching materials, and equipment in accordance with STTC policies and procedures.
- Assist in justification for instructional & non-instructional supplies and materials. Assist in sourcing supplies & materials that meet quality & cost as required by curriculum and program standards. Assist in ordering instructional & non-instructional supplies and materials. Monitor blanket PO’s.
- Serve as the STTC primary POC for receiving all ordered instructional & non-instructional supplies, equipment and materials. Assist in preparing and distribution of supplies, equipment and materials for student and instructor usage.
- Refer students to STTC Career Coach/ Advisor for appropriate resources to resolve attendance, progression, registration, financial, employment issues to promote STTC’s model of excellent customer service and student success.
- Encourage student evaluation of courses and programs and compile results in accordance with STTC policies and procedures. Generate and distribute (to STTC staff) monthly reports. Recommend resolutions for issues to Executive Director of Workforce & Economic Development and Workforce Curriculum Project Manager.
- Assist in classroom and lab set up by assuring neatness/cleanliness of area, dispensing learning materials, preparing displays, equipment demos.
- Conduct tours for STTC visitors and customers when requested by Executive Director of Workforce & Economic Development and Workforce Curriculum Project Manager.
- Participate in marketing and outreach events (ie. open houses, career fairs, tech academy, tours, dual enrollment, etc.).
- Participate in training regarding equipment and course management systems.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate degree from an accredited institution is required and at least 2 years of recent (within the last 5 years) applied/ functional work experience in at least one of the following disciplines: manufacturing, facilities management, warehousing, supply chain, industrial mechanics, industrial electricity, industrial electronics, automated/SMART manufacturing, robotics, mechatronics, machining and/or IT.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in word processing software, spreadsheet software and standard office equipment. Experience with or ability to learn student or client tracking program software and course learning management system software is required.
Previous experience working in purchasing, receiving, quality control, quality assurance is preferred. Experience with or ability to learn and manufacturing technology is required. Proven ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
Ability to focus and be adaptable, meet deadlines, have a good eye for detail. Excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain rapport with staff, faculty and students.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from faculty and students.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as gross/ net margins, discounts, interest, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of technical math and basic algebra.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and move. The employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee can be occasionally exposed to fumes or odors.
Eye protection is required on occasion.
The noise in the work environment is created by industrial equipment (motors, pumps, mills, lathes, grinders, etc.) but usually is less than 90dBA and does not require hearing protection.