Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code CT-BOS in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Career Training Instructor - Business Office Suite|
|Apply by date:||
Open Until Filled
$22.05 per hour
Flexible Schedule, include daytime and afternoon as required by the needs of the position. Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The Career Training-Business Office Suite Instructor reports to the Director of Career Training, Community Education, & Professional Development who will assign location and hours of the Career Training Instructor activities, that focuses on the fundamentals of Keyboarding, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, and Desktop Publishing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Maintain responsibility for instruction and classroom management
2. Teach provided curriculum in classroom utilizing the college’s LMS System Canvas
3. Teach theories and fundamentals of Keyboarding, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing
4. Maintain good communications and working relationships with appropriate staff, appropriate agencies, and class site location staff
5. Maintain good communications and work effectively with all other offices of the college on matters concerning the program
6. Adhere to procedures and policies for the smooth day-to-day operation of the program
7. Participate in professional development activities as required
8. Attend teacher meetings as required
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or significant adult education/career training experience.
- Practical knowledge of fundamentals of Keyboarding, Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, Desktop Publishing
- Previous teaching experience in a college and or Adult Education/Career Training Program
- Canvas / Learning Management Systems experience a plus
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills required
- Experience with adult education population, curriculum development, mandated welfare reform, and dislocated workers are preferred
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software; Excel spreadsheet software, Word processing software and PowerPoint. Also, experience using Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Canvas is a plus.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.