Send a cover letter, resume and three (3) professional references from past supervisors, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code AR-ASAC in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Administrative Specialist - Advising Center|
|Apply by date:||
$31,900 per year
Working hours for this position consists of a 7.5 hour period (between the hours of 8:00 am and 7:30 pm), exclusive of a 1/2 or 1 hour lunch. In this position, the employee may be required to work up to two evenings per week with specific evenings assigned at the onset of employment. All work hours are to be conducted on site. Hours to be agreed upon between the supervisor and the employee at the onset of employment.
Provides day-to-day oversight of virtual and in-person reception and administrative support services to the Advising Center Enrollment Services, and related grant funded program(s). The individual in this position must be able to provide excellent service while creating a positive environment where students feel welcomed and able to ask questions. Ability to multi-task in a face paced environment utilizing teleconferencing and chat technology, managing multiple calendars and responding to incoming calls is a necessity. This individual may deal with challenging student interactions and will need to respond in a professional and diplomatic manner. He or she will have access to confidential information and as such must possess a high level of confidentiality.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement processes provided by the supervisor in all front desk operations to ensure that the advising and registration process for students occurs in an efficient and timely manner. Directs students to appropriate staff or resources as necessary.
- Provide excellent student service and model professionalism by proactively addressing inquiries and handling any conflicts that may arise with respect and discretion.
- Provide front desk support to include answering phones, responding to general email inquiries, scheduling appointments, organizing mailings, and other responsibilities.
- Monitors and oversees the Advising Center schedule and monitors the walk-in schedule to ensure adequate coverage and takes appropriate action if coverage is insufficient.
- Assist in maintaining manuals and keeping materials up to date that document the functions and standard operating procedures of the Advising Center.
- Utilize multiple technological tools such as virtual conference (Zoom) and calendar scheduling software, chat tools, Microsoft Teams and Outlook to connect students and staff.
- Provides direction to, trains, and orients student workers.
- Enters, edits and retrieves data using the College’s ERP system (e.g. enter student information, makes advisor assignments, initiates purchase requisitions, runs budget reports, and other Ellucian Colleague tasks.)
- Assist with New Student Orientation and other Enrollment Services events as needed.
- Maintains and runs various reports as needed.
- Maintains responsibility for managing confidential and sensitive information in an ethical and professional manner.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
High School diploma
Three (3) years prior administrative assistance experience required, with at least one-year experience running a high-volume office
Two or more years of experience running a high-volume office
Working experience in an educational setting
Associate’s degree in relevant field
Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
Familiar with teleconferencing software such as Zoom
Proficient in the use of modern technology and comfortable with learning and utilizing new software tools and technologies
Other Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of college practices and functions
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports arid correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of students or employees.
Requires basic mathematical skills.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written or, oral form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.