Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references from previous supervisors, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code HP-MH in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Faculty - Nursing (Mental Health - Specialized)|
|Apply by date:||
Faculty members are appointed and assigned rank according to established policies and collective bargaining agreements. Specific items such as wages, fringe benefits, and job responsibilities are determined by the College's collective bargaining agreement with the recognized faculty bargaining unit and institutional practices.
As professionals in a community college setting, faculty are involved in a variety of instructional and non-instructional activities which contribute to goals and objectives of a comprehensive two-year institution. The following description of faculty duties and qualifications clarifies the expectations of this institution and is not considered complete or exclusive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
[Numbers 1 through 26 are from the Master Faculty Job Description]
1. Prepare and teach courses as assigned by the Division Assistant/Associate Dean.
2. On the first day of each course, review and post, via the Learning Management System (LMS), a
syllabus that provides, at minimum, the following information:
a. Expected outcomes and performance objectives.
b. Grading policy.
c. Attendance policy - make-up work/tests.
d. Schedule of assignments.
e. Login information for students to access the College’s LMS.
3. Provide the Division Assistant/Associate Dean with copies of materials listed in Item 2 above.
4. Maintain office hours in accordance with the Faculty Bargaining Agreement.
5. Participate in student advising and registration.
6. Assist students in formulating educational and career plans.
7. Assist students with academic or course problems.
8. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
9. Maintain accurate and complete course records and comply with all specified reporting dates.
10. Serve on college committees and participate in college governance.
11. To promote retention, contact students who do not attend class or attend class sporadically.
12. Participate each semester in the evaluation and documentation of the instructional process and work to
continually improve student learning outcomes.
13. Complete program reviews in accordance with the division schedule.
14. Employ a variety of teaching techniques and strategies to address the diverse learning needs of
15. Attend instructional division, Academic Affairs area and institution-wide meetings.
16. Assist in developing budget for division, if applicable.
17. Engage in professional development, advisory boards and other external agencies to stay current in
the field and ensure updated curriculum.
18. Notify the Sr. Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost of special projects, activities, etc. that may
be used in publicizing the class, division, or College.
19. Support the College’s recruitment and retention efforts by upholding the institutional image
on and off campus.
20. Stimulate interest in student activities by encouraging student participation.
21. Participate in graduation exercises as required.
22. Ensure all course assignments and course evaluations are linked to the LMS gradebook.
23. In order to teach online or hybrid classes, faculty must attend training as offered.
24. Work collaboratively with Assistant/Associate Dean and Division faculty on initiatives to improve
student success rates in division courses.
25. Develop and update curriculum.
26. Perform related duties as assigned.
27. A member of the Nursing Faculty Team must also (in concert with the above);
a. Uphold responsibility to the Nursing Program Director and the Course Team Leader for course related activities.
b. Assist with course related activities, including but not limited to preparation of course materials, recommendations for textbooks, guest speakers, special experiences, test construction, and grading of papers and tests.
c. Conduct classes in accordance with the philosophy, organizing framework, course competencies, and performance objectives of the nursing program.
d. Make and maintain clinical contacts for student assignments. Supervise and evaluate clinical experience for assigned students.
e. Assist students with course-related problems and make appropriate referrals.
f. Keep abreast of developments in nursing, education, and specialty practice area.
g. Provide evidence of maintaining expertise in clinical area of specialization.
h. Carry out agency supervising responsibilities as assigned.
i. Assist team leader as assigned.
j. Attend all division and program meetings as assigned.
k. Participate in nursing faculty committees and accreditation work as assigned.
28. A Course Team Leader must (in concert with the above):
a. Uphold accountability for the course, under the supervision of the Nursing Program Director.
b. Coordinate preparation of all course materials for the course.
c. Serve as a resource person for faculty teaching the course.
d. Orient new faculty to the course.
e. Assist new faculty with course management activities.
f. Assist and mentor adjunct faculty in their course-related activities.
g. Submit grade report for the course by specified date.
h. Maintain records of the activities of the Course Team, including annual report of course activities and outcomes.
i. Prepare agenda and conduct team meetings for the course. Prepared agenda is filed with the nursing program secretary.
j. Coordinate and delegate course-related activities as specified in item 19. b.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) required. A Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) working toward a MSN will be considered. Successful experience in mental health nursing, including clinical experience within past 4 years. Successful experience in medical/surgical preferred but not required. College level teaching experience is preferred. Experience in distance education, i.e. online, hybrid and/or web enhanced courses or willingness to learn and teach in these modes is desirable.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, course syllabi and related teaching documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, other faculty, administration, boards of trustees and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and Spreadsheet software. In addition should be able to learn and utilize a variety of education software packages.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Current nursing licensure to practice in Pennsylvania is required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
Excellent classroom management and planning skills.
Demonstrated teaching and student coaching skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.