Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references from previous supervisors, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please indicate the job code HP-PNP in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
If you are chosen for this position, a background check will be required. Full details regarding the background check are available here.
|Title:||Faculty-Practical Nursing (PN) Program|
|Apply by date:||
Faculty members are appointed and assigned rank according to established policies and collective bargaining agreements. Specific items such as wages, fringe benefits, and job responsibilities are determined by the College's collective bargaining agreement with the recognized faculty bargaining unit and institutional practices.
As professionals in a community college setting, faculty are involved in a variety of instructional and non-instructional activities which contribute to goals and objectives of a comprehensive two-year institution. The following description of duties of faculty members clarifies the expectations of this institution and is not considered complete or exclusive.
While this position is primarily associated with and works within the Practical Nursing Program, the person in this position may be assigned responsibilities within the Associate Degree Nursing program based on their qualifications and the needs of the College.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Prepare and teach courses as assigned by the Director of Nursing Programs.
2. On the first day of each course, review and post, via the Learning Management System (LMS), a syllabus that provides, at minimum, the following information:
a. Expected outcomes and performance objectives.
b. Grading policy.
c. Attendance policy - make-up work/tests.
d. Schedule of assignments.
e. Login information for students to access the College’s LMS.
3. Provide the Director of Nursing Programs with copies of materials listed in Item 2 above.
4. Maintain office hours in accordance with the Faculty Bargaining Agreement.
5. Participate in student advising and registration.
6. Assist students in formulating educational and career plans.
7. Assist students with academic or course problems.
8. Establish and maintain positive working relationships with students, faculty and staff.
9. Maintain accurate and complete course records and comply with all specified reporting dates.
10. Serve on college committees and participate in college governance.
11. To promote retention, contact students who do not attend class or attend class sporadically.
12. Participate each semester in the evaluation and documentation of the instructional process and work to
continually improve student learning outcomes.
13. Complete program reviews in accordance with the division schedule.
14. Employ a variety of teaching techniques and strategies to address the diverse learning needs of
15. Attend instructional division, Academic Affairs area and institution-wide meetings.
16. Assist in developing budget for division, if applicable.
17. Engage in professional development, advisory boards and other external agencies to stay current in
the field and ensure updated curriculum.
18. Notify the Sr. Vice President of Academic Affairs/Provost of special projects, activities, etc. that may
be used in publicizing the class, division, or College.
19. Support the College’s recruitment and retention efforts by upholding the institutional image
on and off campus.
20. Stimulate interest in student activities by encouraging student participation.
21. Participate in graduation exercises as required.
22. Ensure all course assignments and course evaluations are linked to the LMS gradebook.
23. In order to teach online or hybrid classes, faculty must attend training as offered.
24. Work collaboratively with Director of Nursing Programs and Division faculty on initiatives to improve student success rates in division courses.
25. Develop and update curriculum.
26. Perform related duties as assigned.
27. May be assigned responsibilities within the Associate Degree Nursing program based on their qualifications and the needs of the College.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) required. Bachelor's degree in Nursing (BSN) working toward MSN will be considered. Successful experience in medical/surgical nursing, including clinical practice within the last four years of employment required. Individual must have the ability, motivation and willingness to learn the technologies associated with on-line teaching and learning and to apply them appropriately.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals, course syllabi and related teaching documents. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from students, other faculty, administration, boards of trustees and the general public.
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Internet software and Spreadsheet software. In addition should be able to learn and utilize a variety of education software packages.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
Current nursing licensure to practice in Pennsylvania is required.
Other Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent classroom management and planning skills.
- Demonstrated teaching and student coaching skills.
Successful experience in teaching in a community college setting is preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.