Send a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, to email@example.com
Please indicate the job code SS-EPM in the subject line of your email.
After sending in your documents, please fill out the online Job Applicant Identifier form. RACC is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with government regulations we are required to record numbers of job applicants by sex and ethnic category. We ask that you indicate your race or national origin and sex, but you are not required to provide this information. This information will not be kept with your application and will be used only in accordance with state and federal regulations.
A background check is not required for this position.
|Title:||ECE Peer Mentor (United Way Project)|
|Apply by date:||
$10.00 per hour
Working hours will be flexible between the hours 3 or 4 days a week with at least 1 evening (night will depend on PM ECE schedule). The ECE coordinator and the ECE Peer Mentor will agree on specific work hours for each semester, semester breaks, and holiday breaks. The ECE Peer Mentor is able to work a total of 15 hours per week. Specific work hours to be agreed upon by the supervisor and employee prior to the onset of employment.
The ECE Peer Mentor will provide supplemental instruction in the Early Childhood classes and small group peer support during education lab hours.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Partial list of specific tasks)
- Meet with Early Childhood Education coordinator/instructor (s) weekly to be aware of course content and coverage.
- Provide in class support to students for understanding of content and assignments.
- Provide support for course work, field experience, and portfolio development in group session.
- Provide support for course work, field experience, and portfolio development individually.
- Provide support to students in developing course and CDA portfolios.
- Provide support in the CDA application process.
- Submit a weekly Report to Coordinator of Early Childhood Education (ECE), identifying students met with and supports provided.
- Other related responsibilities as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- 9 Early Childhood Education credits.
- Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education (ECE) or BS/BA in ECE with a minimum of 30 credits in ECE preferred.
- Preference will be given to Reading Area Community College ECE students.
- Knowledge of the CDA process is preferred.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish in reading and writing.
Other Skills and Abilities:
To perform successfully, an individual must be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. In addition, the individual must have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to establish working rapport with faculty and students.
To perform successfully, an individual must be able to use word processing programs, learning management systems, online applications and e-mail.
Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand, to sit and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.