The Yocum Library of Reading Area Community College opened April 1996. Named in the honor of the Yocum family of Berks County, the Yocum Memorial Room contains furniture and other items from the Yocum family's home and business, Y-B Cigars of Reading, Pennsylvania.
The Yocum Library Mission
The Yocum Library of Reading Area Community College strives to build a community of learning that integrates informational resources, technological resources, and support services.
We strive for excellence in all our actions. We promote student learning and personal growth by providing
- The full range of informational needs for RACC students, both on-campus and off-campus.
- Instruction in accessing, evaluating, and using informational resources.
- Mentoring opportunities for student staff members
We create welcoming and safe environments where intellectual curiosity and learning can flourish by providing
- A variety of spaces including active learning zones, quiet study zones, and group study rooms.
- Assistive technology for library patrons with special needs.
We value the diversity in our community and the richness it brings by providing
- Library resources that represent many cultures and viewpoints
- Displays and programs that celebrate our diversity
We connect students to resources within the College and the community at large that best meet their educational needs by providing
- The library’s informational resources that include a variety of formats - print, film, music, and 24/7 access databases as well as external resources through interlibrary loans.
- Access to the Berks County public libraries through local consortium borrowing.
We are committed to lifelong learning both for students and ourselves by providing
- The full range of informational needs for RACC faculty and staff as well as for RACC students.
- Instruction in accessing, evaluating, and using informational resources for RACC faculty and staff.