RACC is pleased to offer students, faculty and staff the use of the wellness center during open hours listed below. Everyone must present a current RACC ID and complete a waiver form before using the facility, which is located in the Student Union Building (SUB).
Visitors to the Wellness Center are encouraged to bring their own music, so long as it is upbeat and free of profanity.
Monday through Thursday - 9:00am to 9:00pm
Friday - 9:00am to 5:00pm
Saturday - 9:00am to 12:00pm
Sunday - Closed
Wellness Center Policies
- Members (students, faculty and staff) are permitted to use the fitness center during open times. Members must have a current RACC ID to enter and have completed a waiver form.
- All must sign in and hand in ID when entering. NO ID = NO USE OF CENTER
- Non-members or children are not permitted in the fitness center at any time.
- Proper attire required: Gym shoes and loose fitting workout clothes (no jeans or boots). Questionable attire at discretion of the attendants.
- Members must wear shirts and shoes at all time - no exceptions.
- All loose articles - book bags, jackets, hats, etc. must be kept inside a locker.
- Lockers are for daily usage. Members must provide their own lock. Any locks left on lockers at the end of the week will be cut off, unless you have filled out and meet the requirements for a permanent semester locker.
- Reading Area Community College is not responsible for lost or stolen articles.
- There is no food or drink permitted inside the gym equipment area. A drinking fountain is at the top of the ramp or your convenience.
- Proper behavior must be exhibited at all times. No loud noise, no banging weights, no foul language, no grunting. Fitness Center attendants will ask members to leave the facility for inappropriate behavior, dress, etc.
- All members must be trained on proper usage of all fitness equipment. Attendees will train you on the circuit and use of the Lifecycles, steppers and rowers.
- You must clean up after yourself. The attendant is there to supervise and make sure things run smoothly. Please help yourself and our equipment by wiping it when you are finished and putting weights, med balls, stability ball, bars, mats, etc. back where they belong.
- When busy - 20-minute limit on Lifecycles, stepper and rowers - limit to one rep per machine.
- Member must keep all dumbbells and plates on rubber mat areas.
- No weight belts on machines #5 or #10 at any time.