To schedule an appointment for alternative testing, please call 610-607-6245.
Monday, Thursday and Friday: 8:00am to 5:00pm
Tuesday and Wednesday: 8:00am to 7:30pm
Students who request alternative testing must follow these steps:
Step 1: Get your Instructor Notice from Tomma Lee Furst, Lori Corrigan or Kym Kleinsmith. The forms should be completed prior to the start of the term. You can do this by making an appointment with any of the staff listed above. Appointments can be made by calling 610-607-6245 or by coming to Berks Hall, Room 209.
Give your notice to all instructors.
Step 2: As soon as you know you are having a test, go to Berks Hall, Room 209 to schedule an appointment with Tomma Lee Furst, Lori Corrigan or Kym Kleinsmith. Make sure to write your appointment date down as a reminder. Schedule your test for the SAME day and time the test is being given in class.
Remind your instructor to take the test to Berks Hall, Room 209 prior to your testing date.
Step 3: Report to Berks Hall, Room 209 the day and time of your appointment. Be prepared to take your exam. If you need to reschedule a test you must contact Tomma Lee Furst, Lori Corrigan or Kym Kleinsmith. You may not reschedule more than once, and you must have approval from your instructor to reschedule. There will be NO EXCEPTIONS.
Disability Services Testing Center Rules
- Place all personal items outside of testing room.
- No cell phones are allowed. Turn phones off (not just on vibrate) and put them in a safe place outside the testing room.
- No electronic devices, including, but not limited to, MP3 players, digital cameras, PDAs, pagers, calculator watches, watches with alarms, etc. are allowed.
- Calculators may or may not be permitted. This decision is up to individual instructors.
- No handwritten or printed materials are permitted unless clearly stated by your instructor that these are allowed.
- No packages, totes, backpacks, purses, briefcases, etc. are allowed.
- No food or drink unless specifically allowed by Disability Services staff.
- No visitors, including relatives, children or friends may come into the testing room.
- Once you begin a test, you may not leave the testing room under any circumstances prior to completion of the test.
- Talking is not permitted in the testing room.
- Students taking the same test may not sit near each other in the testing room.
- When you finish a test, return it to a secretary or Disability Services staff member.
- Bring your own pencil/pen.
- Throw away any unused scrap paper and clean up your area before you leave the testing room.
- Staff members are not responsible for items lost or stolen during testing.
Breaking any of these rules compromises the integrity of the test. Your test will be taken and your instructor will be contacted. The instructor will then address the behavior as an infringement of the academic honesty policy. See the Student Handbook for more details on this policy.