Enrollment Services at Reading Area Community College is seeking enthusiastic and committed students to be Raven Ambassadors for the upcoming academic year! Raven Ambassadors give tours to prospective students, assist at campus events like Orientation and Open House, and serve as resources for new and continuing students who have questions about campus life and college resources.
If you answer "yes" to the questions below, consider applying to be a part of this rewarding program:
- Are you currently enrolled at RACC and plan on taking classes in Summer or Fall Semester?
- Are you able to work between 8 and 15 hours a week?
- Would you like to get paid to represent RACC?
- Are you excited about RACC and eager to share your experiences with other students?
- Do you like helping people from all backgrounds?
- Are you able to work occasional night and weekend events?
- Do you like learning new things?
- Do you have good communication skills?
- Have you been a successful student yourself? (Raven Ambassadors must have a minimum GPA of 2.5)
- View Online Application: RACC Ravens Application
- Print Application Packet: Raven Ambassador Application Packet - PDF
To apply for the Raven Ambassador Program, follow these steps:
- Submit your application by Wednesday, April 13, 2016. Be sure to fill out the application completely and email your essay and your resumé.
- Have 2 reference forms sent to Debbie Hettinger by Monday, April 18, 2016. These reference forms can be completed by anyone who isn't an immediate family member and knows your personality and work ethic. At least 1 of the reference forms must be completed by a teacher (if you haven't started classes at RACC yet) or a RACC instructor or staff person.
- Mark your calendar for 2 interviews:
- Applicants will participate in a 30 minute Individual Interview on Thursday, April 14, 2016 or
Friday, April 15, 2016 (times TBA).
- Applicants will participate in a Group Interview on Tuesday, April 26, 2016, 2:00 – 3:00 or
Wednesday, April 27, 2016, 4:00 – 5:00
Questions regarding the Raven Ambassadors? Contact Debbie Hettinger at firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 5130