Reading Area Community College is participating in a new state-wide advocacy effort, AdvancePA: Community Colleges Leading the Way. The Pennsylvania Commission for Community Colleges is uniting all 14 Pennsylvania community colleges in an effort to educate the members of our Legislature and state policy makers on the importance of community colleges to the Commonwealth’s future. The end goal is to ensure critical funding in the coming budget years. The campaign allows educational leaders, students and community members to voice their support for community colleges.
I ask you to join this effort and help us to say to all elected officials that Pennsylvania needs its community colleges to educate and prepare students with the skills needed for today's jobs and those of the future leading to a stronger economy and quality of life throughout our state.
What Every Pennsylvanian Needs to Know About Our Community Colleges
- Our 14 community colleges are economic engines for Pennsylvania, providing over 400,000 people of all ages and walks of life with educational, workforce training and personal development opportunities.
- 1 out of 5 Pennsylvania undergraduates attends a community college.
- Students can choose from almost 1,400 programs of study
- 4 out of 5 community college students say they are enrolled to increase workplace skills
- An average of 80% of PA community college graduates are living and working within 25 miles of the campus they attended.
Can you imagine, can you even begin to picture a vibrant Berks County or a revitalized City of Reading without RACC? IT’S INCONCEIVABLE!!!
Please take a few minutes to visit http://www.advancepa.net and most importantly sign the petition. You can also reach the AdvancePA site by clicking on this logo.
I will continue to update you on the progress of this campaign and will periodically ask for your assistance to support this initiative. Thank you.
Anna D. Weitz, D.Ed.