When investigating scholarships, be sure to note the deadline dates and requirements. Ask about scholarships at any organization to which you or a family member belongs. Employers and churches sometimes offer scholarships as well. All scholarship applicants should have a current completed FAFSA.
Remember: Scholarships do not have to be repaid.
Thanks to generous donations from college employees, alumni, members of the community, businesses and corporations, Reading Area Community College is able to offer scholarships to recognize academic achievement. More information on current scholarships available at Reading Area Community College can be found under RACC Scholarships.
- Note deadlines and apply as early as possible for any scholarship
- Only apply to scholarships which you have all the eligibility requirements
- Complete scholarship applications with all fields filled in and include all documents necessary
- Check all spelling and grammar on the entire application
- Many times things you might consider as a weakness is actually a strength when applying for scholarships (example: non-traditional students)
- Use specific examples when answering questions, if possible never use generalizations
- If an essay is required, make sure all of the information is addressed and keep to the requested length
- Be neat with all writing and documentation
- Provide your address and other contact information where you know you can be reached
- If you win a scholarship, be sure to thank the provider and know if and how it may be renewed
The college is not associated with individual scholarships, searches, or links listed on this web site. Any questions or concerns should be directed to the scholarship provider.