Students from all over the world attend Reading Area Community College to pursue dozens of degree programs. The College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant foreign students under the F-1 status.
Please note the deadlines for international students to apply are June 1 for fall semester and Sept. 1 for spring semester.
The following preliminary procedures must be completed before international students can be considered for admission to RACC:
- A brief statement of academic and work background and the objectives that you hope to accomplish at Reading Area Community College.
- Complete an online application to RACC. To request a paper application, please contact the Welcome and Information Center at 610-607-6224.
- A letter of intent stating which major or course of study to be pursued at RACC and the expected starting and graduating dates of the program for use on the I-20.
- Submit a minimum TOEFL score of 450 (paper-based), 45 (internet-based) or above. (RACC's institution code: 2743)
- Certified copies of all official transcripts (academic records), with English translations, of all training received at the equivalent of high school level or above. If transcripts are from a foreign college or university they must be sent to the World Education Services (WES) to be evaluated.
- A notarized legal document of sponsorship from the person or organization that is responsible for the student's tuition, fees, room, board, and any other financial needs for the duration of study at RACC. If the student is not sponsored, the document should indicate that the student is responsible for all of the above.
- Verification of housing accommodations by lease, rent receipt, or a statement of accommodation provisions by a sponsor or sponsoring agency.
- An original current US or foreign bank statement showing a minimum balance of the costs for one academic year in US dollars. If an original bank statement cannot be provided, the applicant must submit a signed official letter from a US or foreign bank stating, in US dollars, a minimum balance of the costs for one academic year. The required amount in the account(s) listed on the bank statement or official letter must be accessible, by the sponsor and/or student, for college related needs. This information must be provided in the individual or organization's name sponsoring the student attending RACC. (Internet bank statements will not be accepted.)