If you have taken college courses at any other college or university, and are transitioning to RACC to continue your education, you're considered a transfer student. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to your first semester at RACC!
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college.
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA - if you want to apply for financial aid. If you need help with your FAFSA, visit Financial Aid in Berks Hall room 107.
- Submit your most current transcripts (high school and/or home school evaluations). Transcripts should be mailed to:
- Review your transfer evaluation. You will receive a letter with your transfer evaluation within 10 days of when we receive your transcripts. On-demand evaluation of college transcripts is also available on a walk-in basis in the Welcome & Information Center Mondays and Tuesdays 2pm-4pm, Wednesdays 5pm-7pm, and Thursdays and Fridays 10am-12pm.
- Call 610-607-6224 or 610-372-4721 ext. 5128 to schedule your placement test or an appointment with an advisor. Whether or not you need to take a placement test will be indicated on your transfer evaluation letter.
- If you need to take a placement test, begin preparing. If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 to schedule an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test.
- Participate in RACC Ready. During RACC Ready, you'll learn important information about the college and how to register for classes.
- Pay tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Penn Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase books at the Campus Bookstore.
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
Electronic transcripts should be sent directly to Anna Hehn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you attended RACC previously, you may not need to resubmit your transcripts. Please call 610-607-6224 to talk with an Enrollment Services staff person about your records.
View our full checklist for first-time students.