If you have taken college courses at any other college or university, and are transitioning to RACC to continue your education, you're considered a transfer student. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to your first semester at RACC!
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college.
- Contact your high school and all previous colleges and universities you have attended and request that they send your transcripts to RACC. If you've taken ACT, SAT, or AP exams, you should have those scores sent to RACC too.Transcripts should be mailed to:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA - if you want to apply for financial aid. If you need help with your FAFSA, visit Financial Aid in Berks Hall room 107.
- Review your transfer evaluation. You will receive a letter with your transfer evaluation within 10 days of when we receive your transcripts. On-demand evaluation of college transcripts is also available on a walk-in basis in the Welcome & Information Center Mondays and Tuesdays 2pm-4pm, Wednesdays 5pm-7pm, and Thursdays and Fridays 10am-12pm.
- Call 610-607-6224 or 610-372-4721 ext. 5128 to schedule your placement test or an appointment with an advisor. Whether or not you need to take a placement test will be indicated on your transfer evaluation letter.
- If you need to take a placement test, begin preparing. If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 to schedule an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test.
- Participate in RACC Ready. During RACC Ready, you'll learn important information about the college and how to register for classes.
- Pay tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Penn Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase books at the Campus Bookstore.
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
Electronic transcripts should be sent directly to Anna Hehn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you attended RACC previously, you may not need to resubmit your transcripts. Please call 610-607-6224 to talk with an Enrollment Services staff person about your records.
View our full checklist for first-time students.