If you have taken college courses at any other college or university, and are transitioning to RACC to continue your education, you're considered a transfer student. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to your first semester at RACC!
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college.
- Contact your high school and all previous colleges and universities you have attended and request that they send your transcripts to RACC. If you've taken ACT, SAT, or AP exams, you should have those scores sent to RACC too. Transcripts should be mailed to:
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid - FAFSA - if you want to apply for financial aid. If you need help with your FAFSA, visit Financial Aid in Berks Hall room 107.
- Review your transfer evaluation. You will receive a letter with your transfer evaluation within 10 days of when we receive each transcript. We recommend that you check with the sending institutions to ensure that your transcript request was processed.
- If you completed college level English Composition or Math, you may be exempt from placement testing. You can wait for your official evaluation or bring in an unofficial copy of your college transcripts to the Welcome Center to determine which tests are necessary.
- If you need to take a placement test, begin preparing. If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 to schedule an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test.
- Complete placement testing if needed. Placement testing is available on a walk in basis. Please contact 610-607-6224 or consult the website for the hours of operation.
- Meet with an academic advisor for course placement and selection. Please call the Advising Center at 610-607-6245 for walk-in hours or to make an appointment.
- Pay tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Penn Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase books at the Campus Bookstore.
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
Submit electronic transcripts here.
If you attended RACC previously, you may not need to resubmit your transcripts. Please call 610-607-6224 to talk with an Enrollment Services staff person about your records.
View our full checklist for first-time students.