Early Admissions is for high school students who are academically ready for college and want to take college course work during their junior and/or senior year. Follow these steps to ensure a smooth start to your first semester!
- Schedule an interview with the Enrollment Coordinator assigned to your high school.
- Complete the admissions application. There is no fee to apply to the college. Students must be 16 years old at the time of application.
- Online Application (must be completed in a browser other than Google Chrome). To request a paper application, please contact the Welcome and Information Center at 610-607-6224.
- Request Additional Information
- Fall: July 1
- Spring: Nov. 1
- Summer: Apr. 15
- Complete and submit the Early Admission Supplemental Application Form to Enrollment Services. Don't forget that this form requires a signature from your guidance counselor (or other school official), so you might need to allow some extra time to fully complete this.
- Submit your most current transcripts (high school and/or home school evaluations). If you've taken PSAT, ACT, SAT, or AP exams, you should have those scores sent to RACC too. Transcripts should be mailed to:
- Call 610-607-6242 to schedule an appointment with the Enrollment Services Coordinator that works with your high school to review your academic history. To be accepted as Early Admission you must score at the college level on RACC's math, reading, and writing placement test or achieve the following standardized test scores: 52 on each part of the PSAT, 520 on each part of the SAT, or a 22 on the Math and English portions of the ACT and a 21 on the Reading portion of the ACT.
- After your appointment with your Enrollment Services Coordinator, call 610-607-6224 or 610-372-4721 ext. 5128 to schedule your placement test, if required. If you have a documented disability that may require accommodations during the placement test, please contact Disability Services at 610-607-6245 for an intake appointment prior to scheduling your placement test.
- Prepare for your placement test, then complete your test on your scheduled day.
- Schedule a follow-up appointment with your Enrollment Services Coordinator to review your placement test results and discuss registering for classes.
- Schedule courses if eligible. Early Admission students are permitted to enroll in two (2) courses each semester. You must meet the prerequisites for the courses you intend to take. If you were accepted to Early Admission based on your standarized test scores, you still may be required to take part or all of RACC's placement test to earn pre-requisites for your requested courses.
- Register for and participate in RACC Ready.
- Pay your tuition and fees by the tuition due dates.
- Obtain your student photo ID and parking tag from the campus security office in the lobby of Penn Hall (Campus Map).
- Purchase your books at the Campus Bookstore.
Reading Area Community College
10 South 2nd Street, Box 1706
Reading, PA 19603
Electronic transcripts should be sent directly to Anna Hehn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you attended RACC previously, you may not need to resubmit your transcripts. Please call 610-607-6224 to talk with an Enrollment Services staff person about your records.
View our full checklist for first-time students.