Planning to transfer to Alvernia after completing your Associate Degree at RACC? RACC's dual admissions agreement with Alvernia can help you get there!
The dual admissions agreement with Alvernia ensures that you will be accepted to Alvernia after completing an Associate Degree at RACC if you meet the following conditions:
- Earn a high school diploma or GED prior to completing an intent form.
- Complete the Dual Admission Intent Form when you apply to RACC or before you complete 30 college credits. Students who start at RACC having completed more than 30 college credits at other colleges are not eligible.
- Graduate RACC with a minimum GPA of 2.0.
- Enroll at Alvernia within one year of graduating from RACC.
- Do not attend another college or university between graduating from RACC and enrolling at Alvernia.
- Meet all regular Alvernia admissions requirements, including application deadlines. This agreement applies to the following majors at Alvernia:
- Day programs: Behavioral Health; Biochemistry; Biology; Biology-Medical Technology; Business: Accounting, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing, Sport Management; Chemistry; Chemistry-Medical Technology; Communications; Criminal Justice; English; Forensic Science; History/Political Science; Mathematics; Philosophy; Psychology; Social Work; Theater; Theology
- Continuing Studies and Evening Programs: Behavioral Health; Business: Accounting, Human Resource Management, Management, Marketing; Liberal Studies, RN to BSN
If you qualify for the Alvernia dual admissions agreement, Alvernia will:
- Waive the admission application fee.
- Award a scholarship of up to $6,000 to students enrolling in a day program.
- Provide you an opportunity to meet with an Alvernia representative prior to graduating from RACC.
Steps for Enrollment in Dual Admissions Program
- Visit the RACC Transfer Office to fill out a Dual Admission Intent Form before completing 30 college credits. You will be pre-screened to make sure you are eligible for the program.
- Within the semester you are accepted into the dual admission program, you will receive a letter of acceptance from Alvernia.
- Submit a completed Alvernia Application for Admission once you've completed 45 credits, or three to six months before the start of the semester in which you plan to attend Alvernia.
- Request official transcripts from any other college you have attended, as well as from your high school.
Dual admissions agreements are non-binding for students. If you decide not to attend Alvernia after signing an Intent Form, you can cancel your dual admissions agreement by sending written notification to both Alvernia University and RACC.
To enroll in this program, please complete a Dual Admission Intent form which is available in the RACC Transfer Center in Berks Hall, Room 209.
For additional information, stop by the RACC Transfer Center.