Below is a list of ESL Courses that RACC offers to multilingual students. Full course descriptions are available in the online catalog and the list of ESL Courses for Fall Semester 2014 is below.
Please notice that ESL reading and writing courses are equal alternatives to COM (non-ESL) reading and writing courses. This helps ESL students earn the same credit in the learning setting sensitive to their bilingual needs.
View ESL Course Descriptions for Summer 2015 - PDF 205 KB
View ESL Course Descriptions for Fall 2015 - PDF 213 KB
- ESL 018 - Intensive Academic English – 5 credit hours
- ESL 015 - Listening & Speaking I (Level 1) – 3 credit hours
- ESL 035 - Listening & Speaking II (Level 2) - 3 credit hours
- ESL 020 - Reading I (Level 1) - 3 credit hours
- ESL 060 - Reading II (Level 2) - 3 credit hours
- ESL 030 - Foundations of College Writing (Level 1) - 4 credit hours
- ESL 040 - Writing I (Level 2) - 4 credit hours
- ESL 050 - Writing II (Level 3) - 4 credit hours
New! Accelerated writing course: ESL 051, Writing II, and COM 121, English Composition (pilot) – 6 credit hours